Part 8: Mr.Bigg

Surprisingly we made it with two minutes to spare. I didn't notice how tight I was grasping my armrest until my adrenaline slowed and my hand started hurting. Ok and we're back on track. I grabbed my espresso, purse and folder, said a heartfelt thank you to Jess, waved goodbye and headed for the door.

I never tried one of those doors that goes in a circle so I was slick nervous. I don't want to get stuck like they do in the movies. My time is too short to worry about small things so I pushed through and went around surprisingly easy and headed for the front desk. I approach a big-boned, light skinned woman with hazel eyes. I was positive there was no racism here now.

As soon as she opened her mouth it sounded like Shanaynay from Martin but she did a good job covering it up. I only recognized because ghetto recognizes ghetto.

"Ma'am?"

"Oh, I'm sorry. What did you say?"

Shanaynay chuckled lightly and said,"Its okay. I was just asking how could I help you?"

"Yes...umm...I am on break from college and I saw a poster for an internship. I was interested in applying."

"I am so sorry but that position has already been filled" she stated sucking her teeth.

"Oh...ok....well, thank you anyway"

"No problem. Let me know if there's anything else I can do to help you"

I gave her a comforting smile with a nod although inside I was frowning heavily. How could they give away my dream job...well,internship?!?? Well, there's nothing I can do now except go home.

*Ring ring ring*
"Hey Jess. Are you far?" I asked as I dragged myself to the circle door

"No, I just went around the block to grab a snack"

"Bitch, we just ate!!!"

"And bitch?!?! I can't survive off that damn mini Krystal looking ass sandwich you bought me!!!"

She made me happy all over again.

"Well, anyways, the people already filled the spot so you can come get me."

"What?!!? Who got it?!?!"

"I don't know. I'm just frustrated and ready to go home. Can you come on?"

"Yeah, I'm on the way right now"

"K...HEY WATCH WHERE THE FUCK YOU GOING!!!!!"

"What's going on?"

"Uhhh...nothing...Imma call you back"

"Umm...excuse me" I said while tapping a suit on the shoulder " you just stepped on my foot!!!"

With a confused look, he turned around and just looked at me. There was no cursing or yelling or any type of aggressiveness at all, he just....looked at me. It wasn't the type of look your mom gives you when she's ready to slap you after she just told you to watch the dishes. No.

It was the type of look a mother or father gives their child, the type a soon to be husband gives his soon to be wife, the type a hopeful teacher gives a depressed student. That look. And I was stuck. No, not stuck looking at him, not that I minded.

He was gorgeous. His muscled jaws, blue eyes, his toned body. He had on the suit but he was so ripped, his abs shone through.

"I apologize" he said

"You don't have to be sorry, it's alright"

"I didn't say I was sorry, I said I apologize"

"What's the difference?"

"If I apologize for what I have done, it means that I am sorry for the thing I did or that the action I committed was a sorry thing to do but if I say I'm sorry, I'm saying me as a human being is a sorry individual,which I am not."

"O.....k,well either way, no harm done so see you around" I speak as I start to walk away

"Wait...what's your name?!?! What were you doing here?!?!"

"I don't look like I belong here?!?"

"No!! It's not that it's just that I thought something happened because you were so upset."

"Oh...yeah. I just came to do an internship here but the spots already filled so..."

"Well, if you want I can call the head boss and see if there are any other openings."

"Oh no. No, thank you. You really don't have to. I don't want to stress you more than I already have"

"It's no trouble at all, I promise. You'll see."
His long fingers reached into his pocket and out came the red iPhone 7 I had been obsessing over. I'm not really into high tech stuff but when Apple created that iPhone, they fucked the game up. It was glistening and big....the phone I mean. It almost didn't fit into his hands so I know I'm out of luck. Hopes and dreams destroyed.

" ...a little bit longer to find it"

"Find what?" I said confused

" the number"

"Oh ok. Well, you don't see it so don't..."

"OH HERE IT IS!!!"

He quickly pressed the caller I'd and the ringer started.

"Here. Just tell him I sent you."

"Ok. And what's your name?"

"Just call me Mr.Bigg" he smirked just as a buzz sounded in his pocket.

He pulled out another high priced IPhone that was red, pressed the answer button, looked at me, smiled and said proudly,"Mr.Biggs speaking. How may I help you?"