Chapter One

Song to the side

Ellie Goulding- How long will I love you

We're all Traveling through time together

Every day of our lives.

All we can do is our best

To relish this remarkable ride.

_____________________________________

     Chapter One

| Winnie |

            "You can sit down if you want to... So we can get started."

            I noticed I only pulled out the rolling chair, but never sat down. I nod again still stuck in my stupor and slowly sat at the other end of the table. I placed my bag on the floor beside me and looked everywhere else except to him.

            He waited, watching me as if I'm some type of zoo animal and at any moment I may just attack, but he said nothing. A clearing of his throat captured my attention, and I couldn't seem to fight the will to not stare at him or rather… his eyes.

            Those eyes moved side to side in a cautious manner, and he slowly but surely reached out across the table with his long arm. The sleeve of his black hoodie pulled back a little, exposing some hair on the tanned skin of his wrist. As if he were to fully stretch the sweater would seem too small for him.

            "Dmitri Bazin, Winifred, right?" I nodded and licked my suddenly dry lips as I reached out to shake his hand. It's a firm one shake grip, but the feeling of his strong, warm hand soon releases its hold on mine, and I settle into the chair.

            "So, Ms. Fern informed me earlier today that you were behind a couple reports, to work on the essay due on Friday, and that you have an author report due before the end of the semester."

            I looked at him in slight confusion of his formal words. "She informed you?" I asked, and he nodded at me and then opened the black notepad, clicked the led pencil open, and continued to speak.

            "The report is a big part of your grade, it determines if you pass the semester and I know Ms. Fry won't let you cheer if you don't have an accurate GPA. Do you have an idea on what author you wanted to do the report on?"

            It was hard to take him seriously. I mean here's this good looking –okay he's hot– smart geekish guy who's my age, in my grade and talks like he's an actual teacher. I wanted to laugh; I wanted to point out that just because he's a tutor, doesn't mean he has to take it so seriously.

            The window behind him captured my attention though, and I could see the baseball team warming up, tossing baseballs back and forth. I remembered the squad, and Lilly waiting for me out in the field. I cleared my throat, and put my eyes back on him, focusing on channeling all my Winifred Montgomery charm to try and get out of this situation.

   "Um, you know, I actually have practice right now, and people are waiting on me. So it's not really necessary to do all this, I can make up the work on my own. I mean, I'm sure you have better things to do anyway," I rise after politely speaking, and had a strap of my backpack over my shoulder pushing in my chair. "Thanks for your time though." I threw him a flirty smile, and then just as I was about to turn and walk away, he spoke up.

            "You know, if things were that simple then why did Ms. Fern have you come in here at all?"

            I stopped and turned, staring in a little bit of surprise and question. He wore an expression I didn't quite understand, like he was offended over my words, but I didn't care. I shrugged, and placed the other strap of my bag on and I spoke before turning around. "I don't know, but I have things to do. See ya." I heard him sigh deeply as I started walking away.