Chapter Four

Song to the side

Asher Roth- I love College

I cant tell you what I learned from school,

But I could tell you a story or two, um

Yeah of course I learned some rules

Like don't pass out with your shoes on 

Edit Done by @Goodnyte 

________________________________

   Chapter Four

| Winnie |

            These parties were usually the same as all the other ones: Calvin asking me if I wanted another drink before I even finished whatever powerful concoction he handed me before; Jacob and Kristin arguing about something every five minutes or so; Anna dancing with whatever guy she thought was hot-until the guy's girlfriend catches them grinding on each other, and then that usually leads to a chick fight the guys don't bother stopping in hopes of one of the girls shirts being ripped off. That, or Kristin stops it.

            It didn't matter the place, time or occasion, these parties were always the same. Same kegs full of cheap beer, buffet of hard liquor on the counter where Calvin always seemed to linger, and half-naked, prissy, snotty bitches glaring at you for unknown reasons from across the room.

            The music was even predictable, horrible pop songs that Lady gaga or Britney Spears belted out, or the ever famous but ridiculously annoying Party Rock Anthem. I hate that fucking song. You would think with all this money, these people would blast good music from their expensive state of the art stereos, but no.

            There were no techno pounding beats of Deadmau5, or Swedish House Mafia to get you moving. No "I Love College" by Asher Roth to get you singing along during an intense game of beer pong. Not even some mellow laid back sounds of Sublime or Snoop Dogg, so Jeremy and Teddy could hit the bong and reminisce about the good old days. When a dime bag costs a dime, whatever that meant.

            It's just that horrible crap that passes for music on the radio these days, and the same people chatting away all friendly while secretly gathering information to ruin each other's lives. At least my cup was full, and I had been able to avoid Calvin and his boat--so far.

            Now just because they had crap taste in music--which I think is coming from Kristin's iPod--didn't mean they partied just as lame. They have money, so the beer and liquor were limitless, and the food was delicious. The house was nice also, I admit it. I had only been here once or twice and neither was long enough to admire the way Jacob Cross's family lived.

            The decor, furniture, walls, floors, and just about everything else screamed money. The walls were plain and bright white, the furniture smelled like the air of the ocean and some of the walls were made of glass. The windows outlined the whole house and you had a pretty clear view of the beach, docks, and sun as it was setting. It was a dream house for sure, but for Jacob--and pretty much everyone else here--it was just a roof over their heads for the summer.

            If I had the opportunity, I would waste no time in buying a house like this. I wanted to live here as soon as Calvin pulled up and I got that beautiful view of the ocean. Then I saw his boat and I think he thought my excitement was for that instead of the big blue waves moving about the horizon. I wanted to bring Lillian here, let her bask in the hot sun and build muddy sand castles, then we'd let the waves wash them over. I've been worried about her since she packed and left. I couldn't help it; I worry.