Chapter 1: Called upon

"Lucy!" The pink haired man shouted from the windowsill. The blonde girl who sat in her pink pajamas in her bed groaned. She woke up before her friend came to her house, but she knew she wouldn't have a lot of free time today. She would not be able to put the finishing touches on her novel. Nor would she be able to write a letter explaining the last month to her mother. She sighed while standing up. She walked to the window and pushed her friend out knowing he would be alright. He wouldn't mind anyways. She got dressed in her new clothes. She felt like something was changing and wanted to do something different. She was wearing a button up white blouse with ruffled sleeves, she wore denim shorts and black block heeled boots that reached mid calf. She clipped her keys, holding the power to unlock her trusty friends, to the belt loop of her blue washed denim shorts. She smiled to herself in the mirror and walked out of her small one person apartment into may be small but it was a place she could call home. She ran to the guild after locking her door. She opened the door of the guild.

"Good morning everyone!" She screamed while ducking for the table flying her way.

"Good morning Lucy. I see you've finally learned to duck." The white haired waitress, better known as Mirajane giggled. Lucy went to the girl she was proud to call her friend.

"Yea.. Getting a table thrown at your head each morning was getting a bit painful." Lucy laughed. She loves every member of the guild she was in, but they were a bit rowdy and weren't really careful.

"Can I get a strawberry cheesecake?" Lucy asked. She full well knew what was going to happen in a few seconds. Mira brought her the piece of pie. Just as a certain scarlet haired woman clad in armor screamed out.

"Who destroyed my cake?" The woman screamed. Lucy grabbed the cake and walked to the woman.

"Erza, if you won't fight you can have this peace." Lucy taunted, the strong woman known as Erza 'Titania' Scarlet. The eyes of the red head lit up. If she were a dog her tail would wag enthusiastically. Lucy put the plate in front of her. The whole guild let out a sigh they didn't know they were holding in. A raven haired naked man walked up to the happy blond.

"Thanks Luce. I didn't do it this time but she would've killed me and Natsu." The man said. Our favorite blonde flushed red at the naked state of the man.

"Gray.. Clothes!" She squeaked out. She punched the man on his shoulder. Gray quickly went looking around the guild for his clothes.

"You saved me this time thank you for that." The gruff voice of a certain blonde dragon slayer said. Lucy turned around to look at him. She smiled her million dollar smile.

"That's what family does." The sweet voice of the blonde said. The man with the lightning scar mumbled something and walked away blushing. Lucy sat next to her blue haired friend who was just as into reading as Lucy herself.

"When will your book be finished Lucy?" The bluenette asked holding a book close to her chest.

"I don't know yet Levy. Team Natsu drags me with them on missions lately. I have no time to do the finishing touches." Lucy says making her best friend Levy Mcgarden pout.

"What was that moment you had with Laxus?" Levy asked placing her book on her lap and her head on her intertwined fingers. Mirajane raced to our table as if the devil himself was on her heels.

"Yea what was that? His face was even redder than Erza's hair." Mirajane said.

"Nothing I just saved his ass by giving Erza's a new piece of cake. He destroyed her first piece." Lucy explained giving her friends a weird look. They always pulled something like this. They called it shipping it had something to do with otp's and cannon. Lucy had no clue on what they were taking about.