Chapter 10: the first date

When the beautiful blonde celestial princess woke up she got dressed and started to walk to the arena as it was still early and so there was no need for teleporting. She walked over the market and she could hear the murmuring. During the battles, unknown to Lucy, she had gotten many fans. It came as a surprise to her when there were people who wanted her signature. She stumbled a bit backwards with the people pulling her and touching her. Luckily for Lucy a kind hearted soul saw and came to the rescue. He pulled her out from the centre of the mob and started running pulling the poor celestial princess with him as she could barely keep up. When they stood in an alley she could finally catch her breath.

"Thank you." I said as I looked up to my saviour. To my shock I saw Laxus standing there. Unaffected as always.

"You are at the top of the charts Lucy. They are your fans. If you really can't handle them you shouldn't be walking the streets alone." Laxus said. Though the sounded a bit harsh, I knew he meant all the best.

"Yea sorry, I didn't realize it since we got booed on the first day." I said thinking back to the sounds in the arena when fairy tail A stepped into the arena.

"Let's go or we'll be late." Laxus said. Grabbing my hand again but I wasn't ready to face the crowd again so I teleported is to the arena without a warning. Which angered Laxus quite the bit. He was shaking.

"Don't you ever do that again." He said. I knew teleporting felt weird the first time but once you get used to it, you'll realize just how handy it can be.

"It's just teleporting, nothing to worry about."
I said to Laxus lightly patting his back. He let out a big sigh but let the topic rest. He was about to walk away from my but I pulled the big blond oaf back. I gave him a quick hug stunning him for a moment before he embraced me.

"Thank you, for saving me. It may not mean anything to you but it does to me." I said as I pulled back from the hug I had given the handsome blonde guy. He gave me a grin and shook his head in disbelieve.

"Lucy, I would always help you out. Don't worry about thanking me." Laxus said as he started to walk away from me. I rolled my eyes and walked the stairs to my own balcony.

"Welcome everybody! It's a yet another new day at the grand magic games. With more challenges and the difficulty of each challenge is rising. So sit back and enjoy!" The pumpkin man screamed through the mic. I was not feeling today especially when I think back to what I had agreed with. I had to go on multiple dates is a very short time and then choose whom I like more. I wanted to bang my head on the stone railing of the balcony.

"For this day we've planned out something special. It's called pandemonium. Teams choose your participants." Pumpkin head said. I jumped down immediately cause there was not much of a choice in my team. I could always forfeit and make the other teams happy. Though that didn't seem fair, the winner wouldn't be the best as they couldn't defeat me.
I was soon joined by Erza and our already drunk friend Cana. Not long after that came the other participants. There was Jura and Orga who didn't hesitate to join our little group. Then there was Milliana who glanced our way once in a while. Nobarly from Quattro puppy. Of course Hibiki has the join. Lucky for me he didn't dare to get close to Orga. Then there was Angel and Obra who lazily walked into the ring. As soon as we all stood inside the arena a house grew out of the floor.

"This is Pandemonium. It has one hundred monster inside all from different classes. You can all choose the amount of monsters you want to fight. Whoever beats the most monsters wins." Matō The pumpkin said. An assistant came down and gave us straw. It had the number of order on it. I looked at mine and it said three. So I was third in line. It turned out that Erza was first and Cana second.