Chapter 5: Oryx Ascendant

Raven's POV
Everything was just like last time...
Oryx is the beginning which means there's more to come. As fast as I could, I met up with Violet in our new dorm to discuss the situation.
Violet was patient with me as she waited for me to come up with a plan.

"First step is Oryx and we're at a draw line here. I'm not sure what I can do," I told her.

"Can't you take your wish back?" She suggested.

"Take it- you can't just take wishes back. That's not how it works," I said.

"Ugh, you dragons are complicated," she replied in disgust. "Well, what did you find at Phobos?"

I lean against the wall arms crossed while staring down at the floor. "It's what it is; Oryx and his army. Reaper was there for the escort of the Echo," I told her.

"Did you see the rest?" She asks.

"No but I know they're here on Sol. Scarrio is staying low I bet. He knows he's the strongest one out of every we know. I'm starting to think not even I could beat him."

Scarrio is Necromantic Titan who had too much of what he wanted; power. Now his fists are deadlier than the Traveler's Light.

"You can and you will," Violet assured me. "You can't beat everyone, but Scarrio is one you can. The only one I'd advise to stay away is Lectrika. She's the only one that could really hurt you."

Lectrika is the bane of my existence. She is a cancer to me that has no cure. She's a mercenary who was hired by the Necromancers and has been sent to kill me. She can do that easily because my weakness is being heavily sensitive to Arc damage, specifically impaling and consistent Arc damage. She has two whipping arc blades as whips and those are what could put me down in seconds.

"So aside from that, what about Crimson? Is she doing okay?" Violet asks.

"Her symptoms are fading, but now it's her Light," I reply.

"What about it?"

"Its not strong enough. If Oryx can tear apart someone with 220 Light, imagine what he could do to a 16 year old Huntress with the Light of 189. He would rip her to shreds."

Violet then paces back and forth. "You think it's time?" She says with a questioning look.

"I think so," I answer. "I know she's ready, but I don't know about everyone else."

Violet puts her hand out to summon her Nova orb and stares at it. "Well lemme take a look at time." She examines the orb closely. "Carolina is ready, no doubt about it. Felix has minor upgrades so there isn't much to say about him. Indigo... that's not normal..."

"What's wrong with her?"

She pauses to look closer. She then has a concerned look. "I'm not sure. I mean, she's ready, but there's something there I didn't recognize before in her Light. It's... it's almost... celestial." She then shakes her and says to not worry for now. "Athena has a concern I have, but nothing about fluctuations, just this path she's destined for. And finally Crimson. She... wait, there's nothing there," she said. "Where'd it go?"

I watch her as she stares closely at the orb swipes her fingers on it like a touch screen.

"Paracausality changed again?" I ask with little sarcasm.

"No, someone took it out," she answered in surprise.

"Okay wait, what's the difference between some thing taking it out and some one taking it out?" I ask.

She closes her orb and directs herself to me.
"The difference is that when something takes it out it means that the path of their destiny wasn't fit for this timeline, or just wasn't in this timeline in the first place, therefore they are given something else. Now if someone were to take it out, then that means that they've ripped a piece of Paracausality out of them. Which means that-"

"Crimson isn't going to be destined to..." I say then gasp a little.

Violet looks at me with concern. "We don't know what this'll do. This could make her different, or kill her."

If Crimson doesn't receive what she was gifted, then there will be a fragment of time lost in this timeline. This was why Vexis had no time to explain to her.

"Who did it?" I ask her. She turns around and opens the closet, which was stuffed and a mess.

"I... have no idea," she says as she struggles to pull her broom out of the closet. She pulls it out eventually, but falls and hit the ground on her back in the process. She gets up and pats off the dust from her Witch robes and picks up her hat.

"But that's why we're here; to find out who threatens us and the Traveler's inhabitants," she said.

She gets ready and tells me to meet up with the Vanguards.

"Violet," I say in a still pose right before she heads out.

"Hmm?" She says stopping herself with the door half open.

"What if it's already too late?" I ask softly as I look up to her with my eyes narrowed.

She stares at me like as she doesn't know how to answer that. She closes the door slowly and walks toward me.

"It won't happen," she says.

"How do you know?" I ask her. "How do 'we' know that I won't turn?"

"We have to look at the bright side, Rave. You won't turn," she says.

"But how do you know that? No one can tell the future. Not even Paracausal beings!"

"You just have to trust me!" She shouts. She then takes a step forward to me "You're right, I can't tell the future, but we have to operate on faith sometimes! You can't just give up because of something that might be inevitable! You can't just give up because someone told you to! Even if you're right, we still have to do our best, no matter how bad the situation is!" At this point her eyes start to water up. "I won't lose you," she says in broken voice. "We fought together and we will die together..." She starts to take sobbing breaths after she finished. I reach out for a hug as she accepts.

She's right. It doesn't matter whether if I do turn or not right now, there's still Necromancy out there, and I'm damn well sure that if I'm turning, I'm taking them down in the process.