Chapter 9: Cayde's Stash

The next morning, Cayde summoned Raven, Indigo, and I to the Devils Lair to start a new adventure I look upon called, "The Taken War." This is the first time that I'm actually involved in something because I had something to do with it.

"Okay, turns out Crota does have a father. His name is Oryx and he's come all this way to kill you. We're not gonna let him. Oryx controls the Taken from a Dreadnaught near Saturn, but we can't get close without a stealth drive. Lucky for us I hid one at the top of an old colony ship before I got roped into the Vanguard," said Cayde through the comms.

"How do you know if it's still there?" Nolan asks.

"You better hope it's there. You won't survive the Dreadnaught without it," he replied.

The 3 of us, Raven, Indigo, and I, prepared in Indigo's ship and recapped everything we learned about Raven's backstory.

"Long story short, Violet and I are here to stop Reaper from destroying the Traveler. He wants it gone so he can begin a purge. It'll destroy all sentient life except him and his army because they don't feel alive. They're lifeless. Even young Tavia has the soul of a Necromancer."

Nolan questioned Octavia's Necromancy, but then was interrupted from the commotion of gunfire outside.

"Then how is she able to have signs of life?" Nolan asked a second time.

"Because she's special," she replied.

We all teleported to the ground above the ship. I look around the same battlefield where Indigo, Felix, and I took down the Devil Walker.

Booming sounds bursts around us as the Fallen fight their own Taken selves against them.

"Cayde, we got a real problem down here," said Nolan.

"Let me guess, four arms, wear cloaks, smell really bad?" He says jokingly.

"Not Fallen! Taken!" Nolan exclaims.

"I thought we'd have more time," Cayde says softly. How he trailed off in that sentence showed me his utter surprise at the Taken's spread.

It's really that bad...?

Raven and I charge into the Lair as Indigo stays outside and clears out the Taken, hoping to reduce its spread in that area.

Raven and I run side by side through the halls splattered with Taken goo.

"How bad is it?" Cayde asks us.

"Taken everywhere," said Nolan. "Fighting the Fallen."

"Earth's gonna look a lot like Phobos if you don't find that stealth drive," he said.

"What happened to you?" I ask her.

"Huh?" She hums, glancing at me as we enter the Sepiks area. Both of us clear out the Taken in this area.

"Your eyes, they're not red, they're like a fiery orange now."

She finishes killing the Taken on her side and turns to me.

"My red eyes are the eyes that have been gifted to me," she said. She stared at me as I glance at her. She then puts her hand on my shoulder. She walks across the broken bridge that led to the entrance of the launch ships.