Chapter 5

The concert

The concert was a blast and I had the most fun I'd had in years. The boys sang all of their hits plus a few songs from their new album, and they all sounded and looked like angels. It was perfect!
Then, it was time for the meet and greet. I was so excited that I was visibly shaking, but at the same time I couldn't wait to meet them and hug each one of them. I was wondering if Brian would have recognized me from the day before...hmm...probably not...
Lost in these thoughts, I didn't even notice that the line was getting shorter and shorter, and it was almost my turn.
"Omg, what am I gonna say? What if I look like an idiot and they're gonna make fun of me?" But before I knew it, I was pushed right in front of the Backstreet Boys. I was speechless. I couldn't believe I was actually meeting them in person and not just seeing them on the posters on my wall! They were...real, and they looked even more handsome in person.
"Hi, it's so great to meet you...the show was amazing!" I managed to say, still trembling a little bit. They all smiled at me, then they all hugged me, one at the time. When Brian's turn came, right when I thought he wouldn't have recognized me, he whispered something into my ear, sending chills down my spine.
"Call me later, ok?" He said. I nodded, then we had to say goodbye, so I walked away from the loves of my life and went home, almost crying.

                              ~~~~

When I arrived home it was almost 11 pm. I was tired, but my heart was still beating faster then ever and I was in a state of complete joy. I got into my bed, when suddenly I remembered what Brian had asked me. I took out my phone and dialed the number he had written on the piece of paper, one number at the time. I was a bit uncertain about what I was doing...was it really the right thing?
But I loved Brian and I knew he was gonna make things right, so I pressed "enter", and the call that changed my destiny started.
After a couple of seconds he answered. "Hello, Brian here, who's this?" He asked. "Hi, I'm Debbie, we met yesterday at the park and earlier at the concert..." I said.
"Oh, Hi Debbie, I'm so glad you called!" His voice was different on the phone...it was deeper,  but still manteined its softness. "Listen...I figured out that since we're both tired and the boys and I are gonna be in town for a couple more days, we might actually meet tomorrow here in my hotel room! Is that ok for you?"
Spending more time with him? Of course it was ok! I actually had school the day after, but I didn't care, especially after what had happened.
"Yes that would be great!" I said.
"Perfect! -Brian replied- meet me tomorrow at whatever time you want...I'm in Hotel Wilson, room 54.
Ok..goodnight Debbie, hopefully we'll see each other tomorrow!"
"Goodnight Brian!" I replied, finishing the call. I was still surprised by the fact that he wanted to spend time with someone like me. I really couldn't understand why he cared so much about me...anyway, I was also happy about it, and I couldn't wait to meet him again the following day.