Chapter 12

March 23rd 2005 - the Wedding

Time passed by, and the day of the wedding finally arrived. The night before I was super nervous, but at the same time I couldn't wait to finally marry the man of my dreams.
I tried to get as much sleep as I could, then I woke up in the early morning, feeling even more excited than before.

I got out of my bed and ate what my best friends Sarah and Mary had prepared for me, then I started getting ready with their help.
I wore my amazing white dress, then the girls did my hair and make up.
I looked at myself in the mirror and got emotional...I had never felt that beautiful before, but most of all I couldn't believe that I was actually getting married that day!
"You look wonderful, Debbie! Don't cry though, or you're gonna ruin our job!" Sarah said, giggling and hugging me.
"You're a beautiful bride, Deb...I'm so happy for you!" Mary added, hugging me as well.
After that, they got ready and wore their bridesmaid dresses...they looked very pretty as well!

It was almost time to go to the wedding location, and butterflies were all over my stomach.
I couldn't wait to see Brian and marry him...I was incredibly nervous!

At a certain point, my mum came in. I hadn't seen her in months.

"Mum!" I screamed, almost starting to cry again and walking towards her.

"Oh, Debbie...look at you, you're the prettiest bride I have ever seen...I'm so proud and happy for you!" She said, hugging me tight.

She was the only person in my family that could be there that day, so she was the one who would have walked me down the aisle.

                          ~~~~

When we got there, before getting out of the car, my mum held my arm and whispered into my ear:"Don't be nervous...you'll be fine!"
After those words, we smiled at each other, then we got out of the car and we saw all the guests cheering and clapping as soon as they saw us. The first thing I noticed though wasn't all the familiar faces in the crowd, including the rest of the Backstreet Boys.
What my attention was immediately drawn to was the stunning man at the end of the aisle...my handsome groom, Brian Thomas Littrell.
My mum and I slowly walked down the aisle, and as soon as I arrived in front of Brian we started staring at each other smiling, then we both started crying. I still couldn't believe what was happening...
Before I knew it, the ceremony had started. It was very beautiful and touching, and there wasn't a dry eye in the house.

After that, it was time for the lunch and the party. We all went to our restaurant, where the guests were giving us many gifts and hugging us.
We ate a lot of delicious food, but most of all we had a lot of fun.
Brian and the rest of the boys serenated me with  an acapella version of "I'll never break your heart", then all of us started dancing.

After a while, some of the guests did a
little speech for us, including my mum, Brian's mum, Sarah, Mary, Howie, Kevin, Nick, AJ and a couple of other friends.
After that, everyone wanted us to do a speech too!
I didn't really know what to say, but thankfully Brian got the microphone first. He made a whole speech in which he thanked everyone for being there and supporting us, and at the hand he thanked me, saying how much he loved me...he was very romantic, and I got emotional for the 10000th time that day.
It was my turn to say something, so I wiped off my tears and started talking.
"First of all, I would also like to thank all of you for being here...but most of all, I'd like to talk about this amazing man right here, my husband! Wow, it feels so good to say that out loud...
Brian...my love for you started something like 7 or 8 years ago when I discovered the Backstreet Boys, who were, are and will always be my favorite boyband. I have always admired and loved you since then, and you and the rest of the guys were my safest place to hide even when life wasn't so good for me. If you hadn't found me that day, I don't even know where I would be right now! You saved me, and I will always be thankful for that. You are an amazing person, and I'm looking forward to spend the rest of my life with you! I love you so much, Brian!"
After I finished my speech, Brian kissed me, and everybody was clapping their hands.

The rest of the wedding was great...we ate our wedding cake and danced some more, and everyone went home tired but happy.
It was probably the best day of my life!