Chapter 8

After Brian kissed me, we were both speechless, and we just kept staring at each other with our mouths wide opened.
"I...I'm sorry!" He muttered, blushing.
"Don't worry, it's fine!" I replied.
"But..." Before he could add anything, I kissed him again, passionately. I probably wouldn't have done that if I was sober, but I did, and it felt so good
After that, we decided to go to sleep. I told Brian that he could sleep in my bed, and I fell asleep on the sofa.

                         ~~~~
The next morning

As soon as I got up, I got into the kitchen to prepare some breakfast for me and Brian. He arrived a couple of minutes later...he looked  absent-minded and serious, which was rare for him. I wondered what was going through his mind...

While we were eating, there was a very awkward silence between us, and the tension could be very easily felt. Suddenly, Brian broke the ice and started talking.
"Debbie...about last night..." He said, blushing and keeping his head low.
He stopped talking for a while, took s deep breath and started speaking again.
"Listen, I'm sorry that I made it happen so fast, I should have done things step by step...but my feelings in that moment were too strong to be kept down, and the champagne wasn't helping! Please forgive me Debbie...I'm not usually like that...I...it's just that I love you so much! You know, when I met you for the first time under the tree you looked so helpless and hurt...but I had immediately understood that beyond those tears and cuts there was a beautiful person! And I wasn't wrong, Debbie! You are one of the most humble, sweet and caring girls I have ever met, and you are so beautiful! I don't even know if I can explain how much I love you!"

After he finished talking, I was on the verge of tears.
"Brian...you don't have to be sorry at all! I've always loved you, since I saw your face on the cover of the "Backstreet Boys" album! You are one of my biggest inspirations, and if it wasn't for you I probably wouldn't even be alive right now! You taught me that life is worth living, you transformed me into a better person and I'm so thankful that I got the honour of becoming a friend of yours.
I love everything about you: your blue eyes, your smile, your voice, your dorkiness but most of all your heart of gold...you are so amazing...I don't even know if deserve you!" I said, trying not to cry and failing miserably.

"Debbie...please, don't say that! You deserve everything in the world, believe me! I love you...I WANNA LOVE YOU! Please..." as he finished talking, his voice was cracking and I could see a mixture of desperation and determination into his eyes.
I didn't say anything, I just nodded.
I started staring into his dreamy blue eyes, and he did the same for a while, then he pulled my body as close to his as we could, and we kissed, finally letting free all the love we had for each other.