Chapter 7

Almost 1 year had passed since the whole thing with Brian had happened. Since then, a lot had changed for me: I had got my high school diploma, I was living in a small apartment by myself in a town next to where Brian lived and I had started working as a waitress in a restaurant, where I met a couple of very good friends. I had started a brand new life: I was finally feeling happy and positive, and I owed it all to Brian.

Since then, we had become great friends: we would often call each other on the phone or invite each other at our own houses, and we always had lots of fun.

One day, right before my 19th birthday, we were both sitting in my living room, drinking some tea and talking.
"Brian...would you like to come to my birthday party tomorrow?"  I suddenly asked.
"Oh...I would love to...but what are you going to do?" He said.
"Nothing special, I don't really like going to the disco...I was thinking about a dinner with you and a couple of other friends here at my house!" I replied.
"I feel you, I also don't really like clubs! Well, I'm more than happy, and if you want I could bring the other Backstreet Boys too!" Brian said.
"Oh my God, that would be perfect!"
After I said that, he went back home and I went to the grocery store to buy some food for my birthday party.

                             ~~~~
Debbie's birthday

It was 7pm, the dinner was almost ready and the guests were starting to arrive. First my friends from work, who started hugging me and giving me tons of presents, then Brian came with the rest of the band. I gotta be honest: even though Brian and I were close friends now, seeing the Backstreet Boys standing outside my house was pretty crazy and I had to keep myself from fangirling. Also the other girls, as soon as they saw them, started freaking out.

The evening went pretty great: we all ate and chatted while listening to music, and it was really fun, especially thanks to Nick and Brian.
After dinner we danced for a while, then  it was time for the cake and the boys sang "Happy Birthday"to me...they always sound so good when they sing acapella!
We toasted some champagne and ate the cake, then everyone started leaving.
"Don't get in trouble you two!" Brian told AJ and Nick before they could get out of my house.
"You don't need to babysit us, you know?" Nick said, in an annoyed tone of voice.
"Yeah...there's already Kevin for that!" AJ added, then the two young boys left, leaving me and my Brian alone in my house.
"So...did you like the dinner?" I asked after a few seconds of embarassing silence.
"I did, it was delicious! How about you, did you enjoy your birthday?" He asked me back.
"Yes! Thank you so much for bringing the boys and singing for me...I truly appreciated it!" I said.
"You're welcome! By the way...I still have to give you your birthday present!" Having said that, he gave me a small box. I opened it. It was a sparkly, beautiful purple bracelet. Purple...my favorite color!

"Oh Brian, you didn't have to! This is so beautiful, thank you so much!" I said, hugging him.
"Glad you liked it!" He replied.
"You know...you can stay here for the night if you want to!" I told him.
"Oh, thanks! I love spending time with you!!" He replied.
We decided to eat some more cake, then we sat on the sofa and started watching a movie, while drinking champagne and eating some leftovers from the dinner.
By the time the movie finished, we had almost finished the bottle. I wouldn't say we were completely drunk, but not sober at all...we started talking and laughing about the most stupid things, when suddenly something unexpected happened.
There was a brief moment of silence, followed by Brian, who muttered: "f**k..."
"What?" I said, a bit shocked, as I had never heard him curse before.
"I think I'm in love with you, Deb!" He said, with a huge smile on his face.
Before I could say or do anything, his soft lips met mine in a long, heartfelt, beautiful kiss. And it felt like pure heaven.

-----------------------------------------------------------
A/n: What will happen to Debbie and Brian next? Find that out in the next chapter...coming soon (hopefully😅) on wattpad!

Ps: thank you guys for reading :)