Chapter 14

Chapter 14

"Find anything?" Melanie's muffled voice calls from inside the dressing room. She had sounded a little off all afternoon, but had quickly assured me that it was nothing.

"No, nothing would look good on me."

"Oh, c'mon! Everything looks good on the Rylee Henderson." I bite my lip to try and hold back the snort that would soon make it's way up if she continued.

Her red hair is the first to make it's appearance as she emerges from the dressing room. She's wearing a tiny red lace bra with matching panties; a harsh contrast with her hair.

"Whad'ya think?"

"I think it's a no."

She laughs, not the least bit offended as she struts back into the tiny space.

"Fine, then you try it on."

"What? No! I don't even want anything here."

"Please Rylz? You'd look great in it. And besides, if Zayn can't see me in it at least someone else can see you in it."

The irony of Zayn still able to see the outfit is almost unbearable.

"Fine." I huff, and she squeals, throwing the tiny pieces of fabric over the door.

I grab it from her waving hands, shrugging my jeans off of my hips and pulling the underwear on. Thank god we were the same size.

Fastening the bra, I quickly realized that we were definitely not the same size on top.

"Mel, can you get me a bigger bra?"

"We've always been the same. Did you get fake ones without telling me? I thought that if one of us were going to do it, we were going to do it together!"

My laughter was now beyond my control at this point.

"No, I didn't have plastic surgery. I guess I just grew a bit."

She throws the bra over the door, and I quickly make the switch.

"A bit? Ry, it looks like your boobs are about fall off your chest from the new weight."

I cover my chest, but she quickly removes my arms.

"No, don't get me wrong. You look hot. I mean, it's a shame that I'm with Zayn. You could turn me lesbian."

We both burst out laughing at that one, but the way that most of the ladies around the store are looking at me and the straggling men that were dragged in here, I had a feeling that she wasn't kidding.

"You have to buy that though."

"I don't know.."

"It is my birthday soon so you have to do it for me."

Shoot.

I had completely forgot about her birthday.

"I guess you're right then." I say quickly, changing into my regular clothes and walking swiftly towards the cashier. Melanie follows close at my heels with a few pairs of underwear and perfume.

"So, what did you get me?"

"Well, if I told you I'd have to kill you."

I keep my eyes away from the clerk who gave me a disapproving stare. Who was she to judge?

Mel giggles. "Well, I'm having a family dinner, and a party this Saturday like I do every year, but this year is gonna be even better!"

"And why's that?" I ask her, using my elbow to open the smoky glass door of the boutique.