Chapter 6

Chapter 6:

The sun kissed the tops of the waves as we walked along the harbor, away from all of the people that surrounded the lively carnival.

"You know, Mel tells me a lot about you." Zayn says suddenly.

"Good things I hope."

He raises an eyebrow at me. "What bad things would I need to know?"

"Well I am a stripper so.."

In the midst of our exchange, we arrived on a platform that sat above a small pond which flowed from a waterfall farther back. Zayn sits at the end of the platform, his legs dangling off of the edge. "I don't believe that."

"Huh?"

He swiftly takes off his Nike's along with his socks.

"Your current job doesn't describe your personality. Whatever you do with your life determines that."

He stands, puling his sweatshirt off with ease.

"What're you doing?"

He smirks at me, fluffing his hair.

"Swimming. Are you gonna join me or just watch?"

Before he lets me respond, he dives into the pond. When he reaches the surface, his shaggy brown hair covers his face. He shakes his head, causing it to sweep to the side.

"I mean, I don't mind if you watch." He says with a wink.

"I just uh, don't have anything to wear."

He swims over to me, hazel eyes peering up at my figure which, to my advantage, was towering above him.

I sit on the platform, so I'm not so far up.

"Are you scared of heights Rylee Henderson?" He teases.

"What? No! Of course not."

"You were too scared to look out the window on the Ferris wheel, and now this. I think you're trying to tell me something."

I slide off my flipflops and pull my shirt up and over my head, leaving my shorts on. Without hesitating, I jump in a couple feet away from him coming up for air after a few seconds.

"You're right. I am trying to tell you something."

He stares at me expectantly, waiting for me to finish the thought.

Diving underwater, I pull his legs down until he is completely submerged with the salty water.

"Don't underestimate me."

He doesn't come up, and I gulp. I didn't think about breathing safety when I did that. Was he alright?

I frantically plummet back down, searching for him when I feel something grab me by the back of my thighs, lifting me high above the water, only to crash back under again.

As I come back up, I see Zayn grin from ear to ear.

"Don't underestimate me either."

He begins laughing uncontrollably as he tries to function a coherent sentence. "Did you really think that something happened to me?" He says, gasping.

"That's not funny! I thought that you had drowned or something. You don't just do something like that!"

He lifts me up over his head, as I fist his hair with one hand and pound on his back with the other.

"Put me down!" I seethe.

He ignores me, still laughing as he gently places me on the platform.

"You know, you're cute when you're mad."

I look down at my feet, suddenly extremely interested in them while my cheeks burn a bright pink. He leans closer to me, his long hair tickling my skin.

"But you're even cuter when you blush for me." His gruff voice whispers seductively in my ear.

Well then I hope that he thought that it was fucking adorable, because my skin was burning a bright red at this point.

He laughs again, holding his abdomen.

"Alright, alright. It's getting late. We should get dressed."

He throws on his sweatshirt, turning around to give me privacy as I changed. It surprised me that he did so. Most guys would have taken 10 minutes of pleading to convince them.

After I got dressed, he drops me off at the front door of my apartment building. Taking my hand, he pulls it up to his plump lips, placing a kiss on my knuckles.

"Should I walk you up?"

I shake my head. "I'll be fine."

He opens his mouth to say something, but decides against it. I'm curious, but I don't bother asking as I open the door of his truck, and head towards the building.

I look back at him, as his truck comes to life and roars down the street.

(A/N): Sorry that this chapter was so short but hey, at least it was a double update! I promise, that the next chapter will be longer and even juicier(; hah. Love you guys! xo