Prologue

OM NAMAH SHIVAYA

Okay… This is my second book in Hunter & his Prey series. This is a werewolf/ romance/ humor and action. You have to read the first to understand this better. It’s called Hunter & his Prey and the link is given in the external link.

NOTE: 1) I wanted you all to know that this story is completely different from ITA and H&HP. Malory’s character is downright contrast to Templar and Sel’s.

2) The book is unedited and you may find some errors. Sorry if it bothers you.

Pic on the side is of>>>         

This chapter is dedicated to @maurayschutte who is celebrating her birthday today:D

****

“ I don't want to live in the kind
of world where we don't look
out for each other. Not just
the people that are close to us,
but anybody who needs a
helping hand. I cant change
the way anybody else thinks,
or what they choose to do, but
I can do my bit.”
-Charles de Lint

MALORY P.O.V

“NOTHING’S gonna change my love for you
You oughta know by now how much I love you”

“Woof”

“Nothings gonna change my love for you-” I stopped singing when he barked again.

“Woof, woof”

“You don’t like it” I turned and asked Mumbles, my dog, a Black Labrador with sleepy ears and golden eyes, who was sitting on the passenger seat. I got another bark as a reply. “You have become very picky these days” I grumbled to him.

“Woof”

“Okay… how about Right round?” I asked Mumbles who stuck his long pink tongue out. “Yeah, you like it?” I asked him grinning. Mumbles wriggled his tail and I got my answer.

You spin my head right round, right round

When you go down, when you go down down” I began shrieking, oops singing.

I was in my dada’s car, along with Mumbles, returning to my pack. I had gone to Sinew Pack, today morning, to pay a visit to my maternal grandparents. I was really happy to see my nana and gramps after a long time. My plan was to stay for an hour and return but then nana cooked lunch and I never say no to food.

Once my tummy was full, I laid down on the bed only to wake up and see that it was six in the evening. After bidding goodbye to my grandparents and promising to visit again, I am here, right now, driving to my home.

I know the storm is comin'

My pockets keep tellin' me it's gonna shower

Call up my homies, it's-” I stopped when my cell phone started ringing.

It was my dada calling. I brought my dada’s car to a halt at the side of the secluded road and picked up the call.

“Lory, where are you?” dada asked panic evident in his tone and I furrowed my brows. Mumbles barked after he saw my reaction.

“I am on my way to home dada. I will be there in half-an-hour” I replied tucking a strand of my hair, behind my ears.