Cortez P.o.v

Here is the special chapter with Cortez P.O.V. This chapter is dedicated to @mheigl1707 :)

Pic on the side>>>>

****

“The only way to find true happiness is to risk being completely cut open.” 
― 
Chuck PalahniukInvisible Monsters

CORTEZ/CONNELL P.O.V

SCENE I

“For the umpteenth time Raven, why did you bring me here?” I growled at my sister and she gave me the same sheepish grin. “And don’t tell me you wanted to buy clothes” I added glaring at her. We were in some new mall of Regal Pack, roaming around and buying nothing. Humans were everywhere and that made the place claustrophobic to me. I don’t like being in the same room as humans. I just can’t seem to be with them.

“It’s a new mall, I wanted to see the place” she said shrugging.

“You could have come here with Granel, why the fuck did you ask me to join?” I snapped.

“Yeah, why did you ask Cortez to come?” Granel asked her.

“Why not? This place is quite cool” she said taking a sip of her drink. “Besides, I thought you would want a change of environment” she said quietly and then looked away and blinked rapidly.

A small growl came from my chest when I saw the tears in her eyes. Normally, I would have punched the person who caused tears in Raven’s eyes, but now, I couldn’t do anything. She was crying for the Alpha, who would never come back.

He was killed. He was killed by one fucking rogue. I don’t care if the rogue is a pup, but I will tear him limb from limb for what he did to someone, who was a father figure to me.

My wolf, a beast inside me, raised his head and nodded in agreement. He snapped his teeth, ready to go hunting for that bastard and his gang. He started pacing around and I held my hands in a tight fist.

“I need a run” I said to Granel who was hugging Raven. He nodded and I walked towards the stairs so that I could use my werewolf speed to go downstairs, without getting noticed by humans who rarely use stairway.

I frowned when I saw a human couple snogging in the stairs. An irritated growl came from my chest and I patiently descended the stairs. Couldn’t they find any other place for this?

When I reached the fourth floor of the mall, my wolf stiffened inside me as a wonderful scent hit my nose. I growled lowly and continued going downstairs, but the smell distressed my wolf so much that all he wanted now was to find the source.

Gritting my teeth, I stopped and took a deep breath standing in the corridor between the stairways. As I inhaled, the scent had my wolf acting frenzy and I rumbled and decided to find the source. Just as I turned, I heard footsteps coming towards the stairs.

A girl, who looked fresh out of her teens, was rushing towards the stairs her head constantly turning to look at someone behind. It seemed like she was running away from someone. She was bony, had long legs, thick black hair, creamy skin, and she was holding a large chocolate bar in her hand. She stopped in her tracks, once again turned to look at the floor, sighed and then frowned.

My wolf got frenzy all of a sudden and he wanted me to let him out. I took another deep breath to calm him down and that is when I realized that it was her scent that was making him jump in ecstasy. I put two and two together right there and realized that this girl is my mate.