Chapter 2

Ladies and Gentlemen, Presenting Chapter 2 of Calming Cortez in your screen :D

This chapter is dedicated to @My_Little_Secret_ :D

Another Pic of Malory on the side>>>

****

“ You learned to run from what
you feel, and that's why you
have nightmares. To deny is to
invite madness. To accept is to
control.”
-Megan Chance 

MALORY P.O.V

I was walking in the woods looking for Mumbles. I don’t know where he ran away. I had let him go so that he could pee but he was nowhere to find even after twenty minutes. The sky had turned a shade of purple and orange. The sun was yet to set but the stars were already making appearances in the evening sky.

“Mumbles?” I called him. “Where are you boy?” I asked in worry. Where could he go?

I ran further into the woods and came to a speedy halt when I saw Mumbles running towards me, fear clearly evident in his golden eyes. “Mumbles? What’s wrong boy?” I asked kneeling on the ground and patting his head.

Mumbles turned to look in the direction where he came from. I followed his gaze and found no one standing there. “Anybody there?” I asked looking in between the trees but no one was there.

I looked around but there was no one and so I looked down at Mumbles, with my hands on my hips. “There’s no one there” I told him with a frown. “Come on, let’s go home.”

I had only taken two steps when I heard sounds of leaves rustling from behind. Stopping dead in my tracks, I turned to look what had caused that rustle. I gulped when I saw three huge men stepping out from behind the trees. All three were wolves and all three were scary to look.

I took a step back while Mumbles hid behind me.

They all stopped in their tracks and stared at me with a smirk in their face. My heartbeat increased rapidly and I felt a terrible pain in my stomach. Goosebumps arrived all over my body from fear.

Another guy stepped out from the tree that Mumbles was staring at earlier. He was wearing a dark grey hoodie that had covered almost all of his face, except his lips and chin. Even though I couldn’t see him, I knew he could see me. He wasn’t tall like the other guys, wasn’t as muscular as the other guys. He looked like he was still in his teens but even then he looked scary.

Mumbles whined from behind me. My chest heaved up and down whenever I used to breathe while my heart started hammering in my chest.

“Kill her” the teenage guy said and then turned around. When he was out of sight, the three other wolves charged towards me.

I turned and began running to save my life, with Mumbles running beside me. I didn’t dare look back, afraid that the rogues might be just behind me.

I screamed in fear, when one of the rogues held my shoulders to stop me. I tried my best to run away but it was useless because the rogue was like a giant. He wrapped his hands around my waist and I screamed for my life. Mumbles was barking repeatedly and irritated by his bark, one rogue kicked him in the stomach which sent him flying in the air and landing on the ground in a thud.

“Mumbles” I yelled, afraid that these rogues might have killed my poor dog. The rogue who had his arms around my waist, dropped me down on the ground. They then stood around me with the same smirk. I looked at them, pleading them to leave me however it was of no use. Instead the three of them moved in a circle around me.