Chapter 11

Hey Lovely Readers!

Here is chapter 11 which is dedicated to @ramyajeya :D

Also, Thanks a lot for all those wonderful comments in previous chapters. Made my day:D Love you all:-*

Pic on the side is of>>>>

****

“Don't give up! It seems difficult to you, right? Why not do something little about it every? A little strike each day can chop down big trees. Give it a try!” 
― Israelmore Ayivor
, The Great Hand Book of Quotes

MALORY P.O.V

The pain in my head was gone, was the first thing I registered as I woke up. I felt relaxed and hungry.

Stretching my hands, I was about to yawn loudly when Cortez spoke, “You tell me I don’t look at you and when I do, you stare at your own feet.” I closed my mouth shut and sat on the bed.

Cortez was sitting on the couch in my room and Mumbles was sitting near his feet with my flip-flops inside his mouth.

“You tell me I avoid you and every time I come close to you, you faint.” He said staring at the wall and my cheeks colored immediately. I was embarrassed as to what had happened earlier. He had kissed me and like the fool that I am, I fainted during the kiss and it was my first kiss. Cortez might be thinking that I am some kind of a nut case.

Can someone say the four-letter-word?

“Sorry” I said staring at the white covers in my bed. It was so warm and fluffy. “I… I was tired” I said justly. “I di-didn’t think I would faint then, I was just…. Taken by surprise?” I said disordered because I didn’t know what to say.

“But it will not be repeated the next time” I added and blinked as I realized what I said. Cortez cocked a dark eyebrow and I blushed. Oh My God! “I… I uh… I” Hopelessly I stuttered, looking around. I couldn’t say I didn’t mean it like that because I meant it exactly like that. “I’m sorry” I said looking at Cortez because he claimed I don’t look at him either.

“I am rude and I am not going to change that. I brought you here because you are my mate. I gave you the separate room because I didn’t know you would want to stay with me. I don’t order your dog around and I eat everything you cook.  I took that metal-piece away from you because you don’t have your driving license and most importantly, you drive like a maniac.” Cortez said calmly.

In the end, I was staring at my hands on my lap, with puffed cheeks and furrowed brows.

“I don’t drive like a maniac” I muttered not looking him in the eye.

“You do” he said calmly and got up from the couch.

“Who told you that?” I asked with a frown. I am personally going to torture the person who complained about my driving skills to Cortez.

“Your cousin” he said.

“Zach?” I asked gasping. Urgh! I am going to demolish him. He was the one who taught me how to drive and now he complained about that to my mate. How dare he?

“Your lunch is downstairs. If you don’t want it then cook something and eat” with that he walked out of my room, closing the door shut behind him.

I slumped back on the bed and stared at the ceiling. Why? Why did I have to faint when he kissed me?

Guess! I am a world-class disaster as a mate too!