Chapter Three

I stared at him then went to calm him down, "It's okay Crow, Suto shouldn't be hunting me like the other will. I think we can trust him, next time you see him let him know that you have seen me and that if he wishes to speak with me then he must me alone in the alley next to this house that very night"

"Or you could talk to me now," An unfamiliar voice spoke out from the kitchen and I stiffened then looked to the kitchen to find Suto leaning against the doorway, "I feel that the man before you right now was pale and sickly because he was afraid of what you are capable. I hear you killed an investigator."

I glared then said, "I don't find that funny. Will you arrest me or tell me what happened?"

"I will keep your location a secret but I need your help finding the binge eater before I can spill anything. The investigator you killed was bait to launch us back into the old days and the way it was before we had the ghoul act. The CCG was upset that they couldn't take anything into their own hands without going through your family. That is all I'll say....fool!"

"I'll fight you too, the only thing I know is that she was last seen living down the street from my home. In that old broken down warehouse, good luck finding her though. A lot of ghoul's who can't make money live there and eat hobos who wonder in."

"I think we'll do just fine as for you, I would be careful with those you trust...this one here is a coward."

"He can be that way but I know it's cause of his past. Now will you leave or do you have anything to say."

"One last thing, if someone to be your killer pick it now or let a random investigator will be sent your way."

"I will not go down easy, send who you please but I will fight because our rights have already been forgotten."

"Of course it has," Suto said as he walked out of the house with a grin on his face.

I looked to Crow who was cowering away from me and smiling faintly, "I promise not to hurt you yet, I swear one day that I will have you murdered for that one though."

"Please forgive me but he did threaten me with my past and everything I've done, my girlfriend would leave me in a heartbeat."

"I forgot about her, how is she?"

"She is coming tonight so don't wear that thing around the house."

I nodded then went up to my room and took off my mask, I looked around the room and stared at the wigs I had set up. I pulled my hair into a small messy bun then pulled a multi-colored wig onto my head. It went from blue to pink to an orangeish color, I quickly shifted it around until I had a good look then went back downstairs. Crow was in the kitchen cooking when he saw me, he slowly shook his head then went back to cooking.

I went to the livingroom when the doorbell rang and I made my way to the door, while Crow was still cooking in the kitchen. When I opened the door I found a shy looking girl who seemed all too happy to be dating Crow. She wore a pale blue lace dress with a headband that had a bow attached to it and her hair was black teal ombre.

"Uh, hello....I'm Lynn and I guess you would be Juso's girlfriend, Rebecca?"

"Oh uh yes, I was invited to dinner. Didn't realize he invited more than just me."

"Oh I'm just staying here, I promise not to intervene. I have my own plans," I opened the door further and let her in while I pulled my phone out. I called Lena but she didn't pick up, she usually picks up when I call so I went into the kitchen to find Crow making out with his girlfriend.

I made a face then said, "Crow I'm borrowing your phone, BRB." 

He stopped for a moment the nodded as I walked out of the kitchen to find Iza standing there with his mask on. I squeaked when he pulled me up the stairs to his room, he looked super pissed and his hair was messed up. He closed the door to my room and took his mask off gracefully then threw it on my bed.

"Very pretty hair but I do wonder who you ran into on your way home. When I promise to see someone I make sure to do it but when I got to the CCG building they said he wasn't there. They said he was looking for you, something about revenge for the death of that dove. Looks like you made an enemy rather than a friend, the dove you killed was Suto's uncle and you killed him. Suto is out for blood by the looks of it, I would be careful if I were you."

"That doesn't make any sense," I said thinking to myself, "I just spoke to him when I got back, I realize that he may be upset with me for attacking in the first place but when we talked he didn't make any move to kill or harm me. In fact, we talked about the binge eater and a little about the dove. He didn't make it seem like he was mad."

Iza shrugged then leaned against the wall and pushed his hair out of his eyes, once again Iza looked flawless, "I told you doves are no good and that they would be the death of you. Cheshire I know is too much of a wild spirit to fit into their rules and regulations, I think it be best if you just stay in hiding until this whole thing blows over."

"NO, the Cheshire you know wouldn't hide and I won't hide, I'm going to show the world the truth. For too long we have had to hide from the humans and act like perfect citizens or it was the chopping block. So many times I had to bow my head to someone lower class than me, too many times I had to listen to an investigator of lower rank than me. I may not have been a true investigator but as terms go I was the same rank as Suto but they just pushed me around because I couldn't stand up for myself."

"I love you Cheshire, give me a hug," He said as he pulled me into a hug then the door opened.

We both stepped away from each other and looked to the door to find Crow standing there with his stark black hair. He glared at me then snatched his phone out of my hand and went to walk out when Rebecca appeared in the doorway.

"Sorry to bother you guys but someone at the door wants you, they said they were looking for a girl with multicolored hair. They said orange and red but I just guessed it was you because you're the only girl here," Rebecca said sweetly. 

She was such a nice girl, it made me want to vomit but I held it down as I went downstairs to find a dove standing in the doorway. It was the boy I had danced with at the ball, his name I couldn't seem to remember.....maybe he didn't tell me. I gave them a gentle smile as everyone slowly made their way to the corners of the house. Crow took his girlfriend to the kitchen while Iza stood on the stairs with a hard stare focused on him.