Chapter Ten

Everyone wore their mask except for me, I wore the wig that I wore when Suto called me his girlfriend. I planned on walking through the front door grabbing Suto and opening the back door for the rest of us to get in. The sky was black, there was no moon and the stars only twinkled a little. It was like the sky reflected what would be done tonight, like it knew a battle would break out. I could feel the tension between everyone even as they joked around to keep their moods up. The moment we reached the car it fell silent and we all fell back into ourselves, we were trying to remember all the good times so we wouldn't forget them during our fight. When we reached the CCG headquarters I jumped out and they swung around the back, before I could even reach the doors I was stopped. 

A couple of older investigators stopped me and the one who stopped by Crow's house spoke gently, "Are you here for your boyfriend?"

"Is that wrong? I'm pretty sure I can go see him!"

"Oh, well you see......him and another investigator got in a fight....well that isn't right. He tried to stop a fight, he was wounded pretty badly. I guess that's what he gets for trying to stop Aura, she didn't care who stood in her way. She wanted Akira's head for agreeing with Mr. Shima....Oops, I've said too much! If you want to see him he is..."

He slowly stopped talking as he realized I had already started running inside to the CCG infirmary. I didn't think, I couldn't think....the only thing running through my head was make sure Suto is okay....If that bitch hurt him then I will make sure she dies a miserable death."

A couple of investigators tried to stop me but those who thought I was Suto's girlfriend told them to leave me be. When I reached the infirmary I hesitated at the door with Suto's name on it, the label reminded me of days when we came back injured and the others always visited until we were better or until we died. I gripped the handle so hard my knuckles turned white and I wanted to turn the handle but I was frozen. 

A man snapped me out of it, "Are you Suto's girlfriend? He talks about you quite a lot, said he met you through Cheshire."

I looked up at him with wide eyes and slowly nodded as he gave me a gentle smile, I managed to turn the knob and open the door. 

When I did the man gently pushed me in saying, "Look who I found for you, She  was probably worried sick!"

Suto was laying a normal white hospital bed and his stomach and arm were wrapped in bandages. He was hooked up to a couple of machines but wore a gentle smile, I knew I was wasting time here but I didn't care anymore. I wanted to make sure he was okay, Aura never held back when it came to attacking people. He was in better shape then I thought and it eased my soul a little bit. I ran and pulled him into a hug as much as possible then kissed him hard, it was different. It felt as if I was kissing him because I cared not because another investigator was here and I had to play the part.

As I pulled away he whispered in my ear, "I've already started the upload, it will broadcast at midnight."

I pulled back sharply and he stared wide-eyed as I hit him in the shoulder then yelled, "You think that's what I'm worried about! I walk up to hear you and Aura got in a fight, I thought you were dead for a second! I....I....," my voice trailed off as I realized we weren't alone and he was staring at me with a smile.

"Somehow I knew you would care.....You really do love me!"

I glared then rolled my eyes as I turned away from him, "Go do what you must, I promised to never leave your side! I hope this will help Cheshire and maybe bring her back."

I turned to look at him and the man who stood by the door spoke up, "So it's true? You are working with Cheshire!"

We both looked at him and I suddenly remembered his name, he was in charge of giving Cheshire her information on jobs and missions. Mr. Suzuya, aslo known as Juu. He was an amazing ghoul investigator when he was younger but after a while, he lost his charm and couldn't fight anymore. He lost his arm and was forced to quit, he didn't want to of course and when Cheshire joined she brought him back to work with her. He could continue to help the world behind the scenes. He thought of Cheshire as a very close friend so it didn't surprise me that he wanted to hear about her.