Chapter Five

I woke up with Lena curled up against me asleep and the door was halfway open, I went to the bathroom in my room and quickly got ready then put my wig back on. When I went downstairs I found Crow in the kitchen making food and Rebecca sitting at the counter giddy as usual. How did a guy like Crow get such a happy girl? I'm confused but whatever, I walked into the kitchen and leaned against the counter talking to Crow.

"Hey Juso, I'm gonna invite some friends over if you don't mind. We can go up to my room, I just need to talk to them about some stuff."

"Sure, just don't be loud. You know how I feel about Lena and Deijha, they are quiet unless together."

I nodded my head slowly then smiled and bounced away, Crow just shook his head the whole time. In the midst of this, I managed to grab Crow's phone and texted the group chat for everyone to come over after breakfast with no masks. They questioned it at first but realized that I was wanted and shut up, Crow figured out his phone was missing and attacked me. We fell to the ground in a heap of body parts and Rebecca started laughing as we wrestled for the phone. He won and Lena tripped over us coming down the stairs, I managed to pull myself away from them but Lena was now on the ground whining from the pain. I shook my head and went into the kitchen to look through the fridge for food, Lena followed suit but Crow stopped us.

"If you need the stuff it's up in my room, I don't keep it down here."

"Why don't you guys eat breakfast with us," Rebecca asked in her sweet innocent voice.

I looked at her and shrugged before heading for Crow's room upstairs, too bad I got stopped. Rebecca grabbed my arm and begged me to eat with them so I gave in to shut her up, Lena made a mad dash for the door and left me here with them until the meeting. I sat at the counter next to Rebecca and Crow was serving up the food while I slowly died inside. Crow was a good cook to humans but no matter what you did regular human food made me want to vomit and though I could fake it till I make it I didn't like having to vomit it back up. 

I took a "Bite" and crow sat down to eat, since he had been dating a human he had learned how to scarf his food down and had gotten good at it. It was harder for me because I didn't fake it on a regular basis, most the time I didn't eat at school and when I did it was because I got invited out to eat with friends. To my human friends I died by the binge eater before she met her end and now Cheshire is the only thing left. I hurriedly at the food and Rebecca took her sweet ass time, I left halfway through the meal to get dressed. 

As I was getting dressed Lena walked in and she had Deijha with her, guess they met up somewhere to eat then came back. I sat on my bed and smiled at them as they made themselves comfortable in my room. TomCat and MK walked in later with their masks off which was weird I guess. It had been so long since we did a meeting with no masks after them came Fei and Mei who were hanging on to each other. Some time passed before Neko, Meko, Jaguar, and Shadow walked in all together. Everyone was here and without their masks, they all seemed happy for just second and then they realized why they were here.

I sat on the bed with everyone sitting on the floor and any chairs they could find in the room, Fei was sitting in Mei's lap in one chair while Meko guarded the other to herself

I sat on the bed with everyone sitting on the floor and any chairs they could find in the room, Fei was sitting in Mei's lap in one chair while Meko guarded the other to herself. Kitty was sitting in front of me with Neko on one side of her and Kara on the other. MK and Shadow sat behind them while Jaguar and TomCat sat on either side of them. 

They quieted down and looked up at me as I began to speak, "So I've gotten confirmation on the investigators. They are trying to convert things back to the way they used to be, they want to be in control so that they can kill however and whoever they please. I have an agent on the inside who is helping us out by getting this information. Recently I've been told they want to pin ghouls against ghouls and make it look like we have no class and are just crazy animals that need to be herded into a pin. They plan this by releasing a ghoul from isolation in exchange for attacking a powerful family who is with the ghoul act."

"Like....your family," Shadow said from the back.

I nodded slowly and they all looked to the ground in pain, "I won't let anything happen, this ghoul act has been one of the best things to happen for us but in order for us to win our rights, we may have to resort to our old ways. I don't want this to end up like the owl and eyepatch incident but I can't sit by and let the CCG corrupt the world with these lies!"

"So what do you think we can do to stop them? I mean we can go to your house as easy as pie because your family loves us but you won't be able to walk in without being found out by the CCG," Lena said with a tight smile.

"I know it will be hard but I'm going to need you guys to watch over my family and keep them safe from both ghouls and CCG. We don't know who will attack and we don't know who will betray us. As of this moment, Suto is the only dove helping us, he has risked his life to get us the info we needed. If you cross paths with him tell him thank you!"

"I guess, Lena can go to your place and ask to stay with them since she technically doesn't have a room, then we can just hang out a lot to protect them," Kara said grimly.

"Yea, I have something I want to do but I'll ask crow and Shadow to help me out with it, if you don't mind?"

Shadow smiled and said, "Please let me get some action."

I nodded then everyone got up and left, Lena went to pack her back with the help of Kara who would drive her over to my mom's while everyone but shadow left the house completely. It was around noon now and Crow was sitting on the couch with Rebecca, she had decided to stay here instead of going home and of course Crow didn't care. I went into his room and grabbed a package from his freezer then went down to the kitchen and set it on the counter to thaw as I used Crow's phone to call Suto. I had his number plus many other investigator's phone numbers. Suto picked up on the first call and asked who I was and I answered with a deep voice which made him laugh. 

"I have a question," I said in my normal voice.

"What is it," He asked over the phone.

"You said something about ghouls attacking ghouls well I need the address of a really powerful ghoul by the codename of Gasman."

"What do you want with that," He asked.

Silence then followed by, "He lives three houses down from your mother. What are you gonna do?"

"I'm gonna do something, don't worry too much."

I hung up and set the phone on the counter before grabbing the package, blood had leaked from the no longer frozen human. The granite counter now covered in blood I quickly placed the package on the counter and went to grab a towel. When I turned around Rebecca was standing over the counter looking at the blood confused. Crow was making his way into the kitchen when I started wiping up the mess and Rebecca dipped her finger in it. I stopped and looked at her, Crow was looking at her with concern as she looked up at me. 

We both stared at each other  then Crow butted in with a comment, "Um, Rebecca if you're gonna stay here then we should go get some stuff from your place?"

"Oh, yes before you go I just need you to be back before the sun rises again tomorrow," I said with a fake smile on my face.

"What?"

"I have something we need to do....tonight!"

"Fine, C'mon Rebecca," Crow said as he left with Rebecca following.