Chapter Eleven

Everything turned fuzzy and I felt nothing, the once vivid world had faded to a bright white light and the concerned and worried voices were long gone. The last thing I saw was the Demon cats looking down at me with eye to eye smiles, they knew I probably wouldn't make it but we had won. My thoughts were still coherent but everything else was just a white light or felt fuzzy, it was if you had wrapped me in a fuzzy blanket and every time you touched me or something moved too fast I was pricked with a sharp pain. I didn't know exactly where it hurt me but it did hurt, it hurt a lot. Suddenly a jolt was sent through my body and a sharp pain ran through the entirety of me, I screamed but it was silent. I wanted to tell them I was there and I was alive but I couldn't see, I wasn't one with my body anymore. 

Another jolt and I screamed but this time everything came rushing, I was back from the dead and everyone was standing around me worried. A defibrillator sat on the floor next to me and Aura held the paddles in her hands with a worried smile. I was still in Shadows lap and everything hurt, I slowly looked around to find Shima's dead body up against the wall with a blanket over him. Everyone was standing over me and more investigators too scared to come in stood at the door. My mask was still on but it was partly broken, just above the chin it had broken off. It revealed my lower lip which was covered in my own blood, it was the blood I had spat up when I was stabbed. Blood soaked the bandages wrapped my chest and stomach, Devil knelt down and replaced the bandages, they were working hard to stop the bleeding. I gently pushed them away and sat up with the help of Shadow. She held my back as I balanced myself, the pain shot through me then the hunger hit. My eyes grew wide as I gasped for food...gasped because of the pain. 

Suto was there with his wrapped chest and wrapped arm, he had tears in his eyes then he spoke with a hoarse voice, "I told you to come back! I said I would stay by your side, that doesn't give you the right to die like that! I thought I lost you," It sounded like he was crying.

I slowly nodded then held the hole in my chest and looked up at someone pleading, Shadow knew what I needed. She quickly kicked everyone out, Aura was forced to leave too while Suto slowly pulled my mask off. The back of my mask and mouth was covered in my blood and a hole in the chin, the mask I had worn since I was a child had seen so much and now it was broken. Shadow quickly pulled her jacket off and held her arm in front of me, I nodded my head no, I was unable to speak.

The pain was too much and Shadow looked angry, "LISTEN, WE DON'T HAVE A LOT OF TIME AND YOU NEED TO EAT! I refuse to lose you so take a bite or I will force you too," Shadow yelled in worry and fear.

I slowly nodded no and grabbed her arm gently, Shadow braced herself for the pain and I took a chunk from her arm. The bite was fast so I knew she wouldn't be in a bunch of pain but when she looked down I felt bad. She looked sad, she felt the pain and I felt her pain and fear in that one bite.  After I swallowed I quickly tried to stand but was brought down by Suto who was glaring at me.

"I don't think so, You almost died. Put your mask back on and we will get you to the infirmary, thanks to you Arima will be in charge of the CCG. It's already been decided, he will be the new Bureau chief of the CCG," Suto said with a smile on his face.

He gently put my mask back on while Kitty, Jaguar, and Shadow picked me up and carried me out of the office. The pain had subsided a lot but I was dizzy and everyone looked worried, everything was fuzzy. I didn't feel pain but I couldn't keep my eyes open, everything turned fuzzy and then I just blacked out. 

Author's Note:

Sorry for the short chapter! I couldn't think of how to end this chapter and it was mostly a filler chapter. I had to find a way to get her moved to the infirmary but didn't know how to do that.