Chapter 26: 20 years young

**Niall's POV**

Today was finally here - my beloved Olivia was 20!

In the past few months, Oll had worked her butt off and picked up a few small jobs, working endlessly to get the money for Mr Jones.

I hated seeing her so tired and dreary.

On the other hand, Olivia, Cara and Rose were due to move in the next month, into an apartment nearby.

Everything was beginning to work out, and today was going to be perfect.

---

"Is my tie straight?" I asked Harry, who was in a tuxedo with a bow tie.

I'd enlisted Rose to help me come up with a theme for Olivia's birthday party - and what better than a classic masquerade ball?

In a black suit and crisp white shirt, I closed my eyes, allowing Lou to spray my hair, feeling a pump of adrenaline rush through me as I imagined my princess opening the cream box on her bed.

Inside was an elegant dress I'd been told she'd been eyeing up for the past few months or so; a pale blue floor length dress, fitting in all the right places.

I checked my watch; 1 hour until Olivia would arrive at the door of the grand venue I'd hired, her arm in mine as she looked at all the people I'd invited - friends, even some long lost family.

Like I said, this was all for her, a reminder of how important she was to me.

As pure and rare as a diamond, she was left in the dark, broken and unpolished - but in the light she found, she also began to gleam, purity in its simplest form.

---

The weather was still this evening, as if it knew the importance of today, and the blue sky held elements which reminded me of Olivia's gleaming eyes.

I stood by the door and greeted family and friends of Olivia's, absentmindedly touching my ring finger, the finger in which I'd given Olivia a promise ring.

Harry and Cara came in first, and I hugged them both. "You both look fantastic." I complimented, smiling widely as Cara teasingly curtseyed in a red dress; one I'm sure Harry picked out.

Zayn and Rose arrived next, Zayn in a grey suit and Rose on his arm in a pastel pink dress, her hair in lavish curls which occasionally shone auburn in certain light.

Liam and Sophia then joined, and Sophia was in a classic black and white dress, her hair straight and neatly on one shoulder.

Danielle came afterwards, accompanied by Alex Williams; an old friend of ours who now happened to be dating Dani. "What happened to...Jasmine, was it?" I whispered in his ear.

He shook his head, "Lack of commitment." He sighed but smiled, patting Danielle's arm as I briefly hugged her, complimenting her new haircut and navy blue dress.

Lastly, Louis and Eleanor arrived, and I embraced them.

Louis murmured, "Don't look so nervous, Olivia has no idea what's going on." He gave me a lopsided smile and I rolled my eyes. Eleanor, in a deep emerald dress to the knee, looked exquisite. In her hand she had her mask and I smiled.

After everyone was inside and waiting patiently by the dancefloor, and Zayn by the buffet, I turned on my heel and spotted Olivia climb out of the car I'd sent for her.