Divergent: Their World Without War

I do not own Divergent, the wonderful Veronica Roth does.

Chapter 1

I wake to the sound of a loud knock at the door. Apparently almost everyone else heard it, too.

"Come in," someone yells, probably Peter.

Max, Eric, and Tobias all walk in. Tobias catches my gaze and holds it, nobody knows about us yet. The initiates are waiting for an explanation on why we had to wake up so early, Max speaks up. "Today you will see your rankings, tomorrow you will decide on a job and an apartment." Great, now I have a headache, why does he always have to talk so loud?

"And why did you knock? You people never knock," says Drew.

I let out a groan and stuff my face in the pillow, trying to sleep again.

"Initiates," now it sounds like Eric. "You are, again, ranked by your abilities and not by the fact that you are transfers."

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

After Eric's speech, the rankings go up.

1. Tris

2. Uriah

3. Lynn

4. Marlene

5. Peter

Oh, crap. Peter is number five? Why? I swear they have it out for me! Then I look at the rest of the list.

6. Will

7. Christina

Yes! At least they're still in.

"Welcome to Dauntless," says Eric over the microphone.

I feel a hand on my shoulder. I get up and turn around. It's Tobias!

"You think giving you a hug would give too much away?" He yells so I can hear him.

"You know, I really don't care," I say, and stand up on my tiptoes to kiss him. It's the best moment of my entire life. When we break away, I see Christina, Will, and all of Tobias's friends staring at us, gaping.

Christina grabs my arm and yanks me to the bathroom.

"I knew it!" She exclaims.

"Knew what?" I ask narrowing my eyes at her.

"That there was something between you two!" Thank God this place is empty.

"How?" I ask.

"I don't know, just seemed like it."

"Oh my gosh Christina, you sure you weren't meant for Candor?" I ask through laughter.

"Come on," she says smiling, and grabs my arm again to pull me out.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••