Chapter 132

"Nandini wake up"

Nandini, happily gliding across the vast blue skies in her dream, pulled the sheets over her head and rolled on to her left, without a care in the world.

"Nandini Wake up!!!!" Manik called out louder.

This time she yanked the pillow from underneath her arm and tossed it over her head.

Manik picked the water bottle lying next to the bed with the intent of splashing its contents at his sleeping wife, but one look at the poor little thing and his heart softened like a marsh mellow. He put the bottle back in its place and stealthily climbed back on the bed, snuggling in to her, gently slipping one arm below her neck and the other around her waist. She was already curled up like a fetus, and he spooned her perfectly, despite the difference in their heights. Had time not been a constraint, if they had the luxury of enjoying a honeymoon, he would have stayed right there, all morning, wrapped around her in the most adorable way there was.

But life was waiting for them to step out and conquer their individual battles. She had a job to keep, and he had an unknown world to find his way through. It was sad, how fate had denied them the simplest of joys that others take for granted , but if life had taught him anything, it was to count his blessings in the face of hardships. Her being there, in his arms, as his wife, kind of compensated for everything they were missing out on.

He tightened his hold over her, and kissed her tenderly on her neck, in the little hollow below her earlobe and whispered "Wake up cotton, you have to rejoin office from today."

But she didn't move. He kissed her on her cheeks, and on the side of her forehead, on the top of her arm and on her dainty little fingers and then he stopped all of a sudden.

That's when she flinched and sat up at once, rubbing her groggy eyes.

The cat was out of the bag now. She wasn't asleep then, Manik realized, she was only pretending to be, just so he would cuddle up and love her some more. 'Greedy girl' he thought to himself, 'greedy like me'.

"I used to think ki you are a punctual girl... college kaise aa jati thi time par... look at you now, and look at the watch." he casually said.

"8.15.....OMG!!! Manik..... Why didn't you wake me up earlier" she literally jumped off the bed, "I don't wanna be late on the first day after break....sab tumhari galti hai Manik."

"oh wow..madam. Just to remind you, I woke you up like 5 times before I went out for a jog. But you were to too busy snoring na."

"Shut up Manik, I don't snore ok.." She shouted back at him, folding the sheets in a hurry.

"Leave all this...pehle go get freshened up fast. Main bahar se breakfast laya hun, serve karta hun ok?"

Following Manik's instructions, she left the bed half made, pulled the first kurti that she could lay her hands on from her cupboard and rushed towards the bathroom. Manik on the other hand, started laying out the plates and serving poha. Poha, yes, the same thing she had got for him in Panchgani and he had complained in return.

Barely a minute had passed, when Nandini came scuttering back to Manik and hugged him from behind.

"Now what?" he asked, surprised.

"The first rule of this house is, a day has to begin with hugs and kisses, no matter how hot u look and no matter how big a mess I am. Understood Mr. husband?"

She turned Manik around and rose on her toes. Now give me a kiss here, she pointed to the vermillion adorned parting in her hair.

Manik complied without much of a second thought but then when the powder stuck to his lips, he spat out "Eeeeks Nandini, whats this!!" She broke into a giggle and vanished, as fast as she had appeared, leaving Manik to wipe his mouth clean and then laugh at her mischief.