Chapter Nine

--Tord's Pov--

My eyes widened.

'S-she wants Tom here?'

I opened my mouth to speak but no words came out. I didn't know what to say to this. But I knew what I could do... I can make it so she can never go to Tom again. She looked down and started crying.

"Why?" She cried.

"Why what?" I ask, leaning down to her face.

"Why does this happen? I chose you, I shouldn't want to see Tom again. My life is a disaster." She weeped.

I curled my arms around her and squeezed her.

"My brother hates you, I cut my wrist...," She lifted up her left arm and looked at it. "And wishing that Tom was here instead of you? Why?" She kept her head down.

"I." I whispered. "Well, I still love you."

I lifted her chin so she would look at me.

"Remember? No amount of stress will disintegrate my love for you. That goes for everything else as well. Back in college, I remember promising to protect you for as long as you live, and I plan to keep it that way." I sternly said. "Please don't feel down."

She moved her eyes up and looked at me with a crack of a smile. I smiled and leaned in for a kiss on her lips. She kissed back. I pulled back and stroked her hair. She opened and then closed her eyes and leaned onto my chest. I rested my head against her's.

"Don't ever be upset, if you need me, I'll always be there." I say.

//Time Skip\\

I woke up with F/N in my arms. I released her an sat up. I yawned and stood up. I stretched and put on my suit and walked over to F/N. I moved some of her hair on her face and I planted a kiss on her forehead. She smiled in her sleep and I walked out the door. I headed over to C-99. He was sitting on the stone slab in the room. He had a water bottle sitting next to him. I opened the door and walked in. He looked up with bored eyes. I leaned against the wall and lit a cigarette. The smoke traveled over to his face and he coughed a bit.

"You are lucky to live another day. She was cutting her wrist and luckily I was able to make her happy." His face fell. "If you promise to be nice to F/N, I'll allow you to explore the base, BUT you also have to join the army. If you wish, I won't make you kill your British friends." I puffed out smoke.

"Yeah, yes. I promise. I didn't mean to do that to her. She had a rough life in the past and I wasn't thinking when I was talking. I'm so sorry." He looked up at me.

"Alright. Follow." I waved my hand.

He jumped off the slab and limped. His thigh was bandaged. I reached in a closet that was outside of the room and handed him a crutch. He followed me to the middle of the base. I asked one of my nearest soldiers to keep an eye on Justin. I went over to my office and grabbed the microphone. I pressed the button and the speakers rang out my voice.

"Everyone in the Red Army base, please attend to the flag now." I said and released the button.

I went back to Justin and I brought him to the center of the circle everyone formed around the flag. I spotted F/N peaking out the door and motioned for her to walk over. Now Justin, F/N, and I were all in the middle of a cleared of area inside the circle. I set Justin to my right side and F/N to my left side.

"Put your hands to your hearts." They did as they were told. "Do you, both of you, promise to respect our way in war and promise to do anything you must to save the army?"

"I do." They both nodded.

"And you both swear to risk your life for our country, Norway?"

"I swear." They say in unison.

"And you both promise to keep these or else suffer with the consequences?"

"I promise." They finish together.

I feel my heart fill with joy as I grip one of their shoulders.

"Welcome to the Red Army." I smile.

Everyone in the base exploded with cheering and whistles. They clapped and stomped their feet. F/N smiled and looked up at me. Justin looked down, probably disappointed in himself.

"We should celebrate!" A soldier yelled.

"Like a feast! The biggest for Red Leader and his girlfriend!" Another yelled.

"Yeah!" A third voice yelled.

I looked out at the happy troops. I rose my arms and they silenced.

"I want whoever said "We should celebrate", "like a feast. The biggest for Red Leader and his girlfriend", and "yeah" to step out of the crowd.

Quickly, three soldiers jogged out to the open space and saluted. I looked down at them and cracked a smile.

"You three can host." I said.

They looked at each other and pumped their fists in the air. The troops all around us roared with life.

"Might want to get started. You three are dismissed." I say to the three.

They nod and head off to a random location. I rose my hands again and once again, everyone quiets down.

"You are all dismissed!" I announce.

They all depart and head off to whatever they were doing before I called their attention. I turned around to Justin and F/N.

"So? How does it feel to be part of the Red Army?" I ask Justin.

He didn't look up.

"Just great." He said, untruthfully.

"Alright, I know you hate yourself for switching over to a 'Enemy' army but you'll like this place better than the other one, I guarantee it." I said as I patted his back. "Now go have a beer or something."

He limped off with his crutch to a group of soldiers. They pointed him in the direction of the bar and he headed off, nodding.

"I liked-hold up. Let me fix that. I LOVED this place when I woke up and saw it. I mean LOOK AT IT!" She spread her arms and jumped into my arms. "It's even better because you're here." She snuggled her face into my chest.

I wrapped my arms around her and whispered.

"And it's even better because you're here."

(Oh gosh! I'm trying so hard to grammar. About three months ago, I finally learned how to use the S, and 'S. I'm pretty sure I know how to use S'. Now I'm trying to teach myself how to use YOUR, and YOU'RE. And sometimes I get stuck on the TO, TOO, and TWO situation. I'm not even going to attempt to list all the other grammar things on my mind. I'd probably end up confusing myself even more then I already am. English grammar, DON'T ask ME for help.
Date:03-12-17

More To Come My Ghosties!)