Chapter 5

Kyle POV
"So, Kyle. How do you feel?"
I'm out for lunch with my best friend Janna. She knows everything about me. She knows how I feel for Dan, she knows about the letter,... She's a great anchor with her psychology degree, I'm lucky with a friend like her. But how do I feel? I remember Dan's ocean blue eyes staring right into my soul, and then I know how I feel. "I feel like I lost my identity." I say. "Dan is the only person I could be myself with, and now that part of me is gone, forever. I feel empty, I feel like a bit of my soul is missing. Shortly, I just feel awful Janna. I should be happy because of my birthday today, but I'm not, because the person I care the most about won't be there. I just want Dan back, is that too much to ask?" With teary eyes I look her square in the eyes. She gives me a look filled with pity. "Oh Kyle, I'm so sorry for you! As a psychologue I should say you should move on and forget about him, but you were made for each other and I totally understand how you feel. Anyway, let's head back home. I've got an appointment soon." We leave the cafe and head home. I'm planning to stay in my bed the whole day, just like every day since Dan left me. Another day of loneliness.