Chapter 10

Dan POV
Almost a day after I left Kyle's bedroom I've been consumed by regret. I hated myself so much for being a coward, I couldn't bear this any longer. I decided to go back to town, and apologize to Kyle. I really intended to do that, and I started my journey back the same day. I really would have apologized to Kyle, I would have explained him everything, no secret to be hold. Only it didn't work out as I planned.

Apparently I've chosen the wrong path somewhere, because I had no idea anymore where I was. I only got deeper and deeper into the bush, instead of out of it, on my way to the city. I have to admit it: the most important decision of my life didn't work out because I was stupid enough to get lost.

After days of wandering around, I met Gaia. She recognized me from the time I stayed with her and kind of loved her (only to save myself) and she promised to help me to get to the city. She promised me, but she broke it, just like I promised I would love her, but left as soon as I could. She brought me to her camp, where the others stood ready with silver barbed wire, with which they attached me against a metal pole. Even for normal people this is no fun, let alone for werewolves like me. Tomorrow will be full moon. Tomorrow I'll transform again. I'm forced to stand on two legs, something that's impossible for werewolves. I'll fall foreword into the barbed wire, into the silver. Tomorrow I might die.