Happiness come with a price

James POV

"How much?" a tall man asks me.

"Five grand." I say holding the bag in my hand.

The guy scoffs. "Make that three, or else our deal is off."

I smirk. "Sorry but it's five grand, not going to change my offer."

The man narrows his eyes, and glares at me. I can tell he's thinking. "Fine, take it." he hands me the money, and I give him the bag.

"Nice doing business with you." I say as I play with the money.

The man walks away and I'm left alone. I put the money in my bag and head to the parking lot. I get in my car and race home, only that is until I get a text on my phone from my boss.

Have the money?>Boss

Yup, have my money?>Me

Give me the money first then I'll give u what you want>Boss

Fine.>Me

Don't forget you still have the fight this Sunday, and u know what happens if u lose>Boss

I don't have a fight with you, the deal was I sell, then I get the money. Give it to u and u give me my money that you stole>Me

I didn't steal anything, and yes u do. Unless you want your precious flower dead>Boss

Abby isn't my girlfriend, even if she was she has security>Me

Just then a picture of Bella pops up on my phone, my heart hammers. How did he get this? If you don't fight for me, she dies.>Boss

What's your problem? All I did was miss count the money I gave you>Me

Not just that. You know I can tell the cops what you did. You'll then be in jail, everyone will know the monster u really are>Boss

My heart drops. Shit how does he even know? As I stare at the photo of Bella I know I have to fight, or else she really will be dead. I can't go to the cops, or else I'm dead.

Fine I'll fight, but it'll cost u much more>Me

There's my little business man>Boss

11:00 pm

I climb through my window. I throw the money bag on the floor, then turn on my light. I just about jump out the window when I see my brother.

"Ever hear of knocking?" I ask.

"Ever hear of using the front door?" Zack snaps.

"Nope, not since I was seven." I walk over to him, then cross my arms. "What do you want?"

"Why do you always do this? Why do you always have to listen to your boss, to steal from other people?" he asks.

I sigh. "It was a fair trade."

"Fine, what did you sell him?" he asks.

I chuckle. "The guy was an idiot. He didn't even check to see what was in the bag, just took it." I can't stop laughing. "He's gonna love the bananas I put in his bag, instead of guns."

"See you just stole from him." Zack informs.

I sit on a chair. "No, he was stupid enough not to check. It's not my fault. If you knew real business my brother, you would understand."

Zack sighs. "When will you ever open your damn eyes. Mom is dieing and all you can do is be a coward and listen to your boss."

I stand up and tower over him. "I am not a coward. I'm trying to protect you, mom even dad. What are you doing huh? All you ever do is listen to our drunk dad, while he yells at us. You even let him yell at mom, when she was in the fucking hospital. You did nothing to help her, nothing. I've been trying my best to keep this family from living on the streets, paying for moms hospital bill. I've had to get my ass kicked, while you sit here like a little boy."