More Secrets?

Entry 19~

I guess this is where everything changes. Mom is in the hospital, even more sick then she already is. The doctors don't know shit, so there's that. I'm starting school tomorrow, which won't be fun due to the fact that there's people. I hate people.

  I wish mom wasn't sick, I wish she was better. Zack also doesn't do shit, there's that. My abusive dick of a dad, just blames me 24/7. Last night we got into a huge fight, about how he wasn't to stop the treatment for mom. Which is absolutely insane. He said that it's taking to much of our money, that, word for word 'she should just die already.'

 So now here I am paying all the hospital bills, with my own money. Guess won't have any more for collage. But if it means my mom will get better, then so be it.

I close his journal, with nothing but a heavy heart. I made it home, and decided to read it in my room. Poor James, and his mom I feel terrible. I place his journal on my bed stand, and stare at it. My conscious comes flying back. I should give it back, before he gets mad. But then again, I want to learn more about him. Maybe I'll keep it till tomorrow. Plus I have nothing better to read.

Laying on my back, on my bed I flip through his journal. Some things are just boring, there's one page just says nasty words, and some that he talks about girls. Which is just not something I want to read. Then something catches me eyes.

Entry 30~

Boss wants me to work full time now, which is a drag. I've had this job for six months, and all I've done is, sell drugs, guns, had to drive a get away car. Now he wants me fight, or some other type BS. 'You have potential James. You could follow in my footsteps.' Again BS. I'm not following him anywhere, even if he can kill me. The only reason I took this was because it pays hard, loads of cash that I need.

 Then there's his master plan, that I have to keep to myself. Can't even write it here. All I know is it involves a lot of money, so of course I joined in. But what I didn't know was, that he would have to kill someone. She's apparently some rich person so, probably some snobby slut which is an easy target. Well for me. Can't wait to be dancing with cash, maybe my problems will be solved. And maybe I can live the life I want.

My eyes widen. Well do I call the police about this? Is it a joke? I don't know what to do.

 "James Peter, you get more mysterious by the second." I mutter to myself.

  "What was that?" a voice comes from the door.

I jump a little, then look up to see Amber. "Oh hey Amber." I say with a smile, then hiding the journal.

She walks in, looking at me strangely. "What were you reading?"

"Oh, just some book I found. It's really boring." I lie.

Amber nods, and surprisingly believes my lie. "Well okay then." she takes a step in closer. "Well I'm here to tell you that, we are invited to a dinner tomorrow night."

 "Tomorrow night?" I ask.

"Yes, is there a problem with that?" Amber asks, crossing her arms.

"I was supposed to go to Mia's house, we have a class project." I lie again, knowing if I say James she won't let me.

She thinks for a moment. "When is the project due?"

"I believe this Friday, not sure." I tell her, not a lie this time.

"And it's Tuesday, therefore you'll have time. I really want to come to the dinner Bella, you can meet a lot of people who maybe in the future, will hire you." She tells me.