Chapter 3

I just knew that wouldn't be the last of mrs. Jones being so fucking noisy like dam .

Riri when we go home is mommy going to take us with her this time said a happy raya .

No ray mommy is still on her vacation remember .

But riri you told mrs jones mommy is home ...

I know ray I had to lie to keep us safe . I don't want no one taking you away from me .

Yeah I know but I miss mommy she miss all my birthdays . At this point raya was sad .

It's ok ray I didn't miss not one that's all that matters ok and always remember I love you silly monkey .

Yes I know ugly fart face said a happy raya .

Hey we look just alike so hush . I was now happy to see my little sister cracking up jokes .

Raya looks just like me with her full gold curly hair dark gray eyes and long lashes yellow but tanned skin tone . With her deep dimples But she was really skinny

As for me I had a mixture with brown and gold curly hair with dark gray eyes as well with my naturally long lashes with deep dimples and a slim body . I was happy that I wasn't thick I liked my size standing at 5'6. Me and and raya Are African Americans and Puerto Rican .

And I'm cool with that but what I'm not cool with is how my dam blood mother wanted to up and leave her two daughters . what did we ever do to her . the last time I spoke to my mom is when I was only 10 years old and with raya only knowing how to baby talk and Walk a little . Her last words was Remi stay in side the house I'm going out to get a fix. And ever since then I never seen or heard about my momma .

I would ask people around the way have they seen her . Or even spoken to her . people just shook there heads every time I asked .

At the age of ten I didn't know how to take care of a baby let alone my sister . but I had to put on my big girl drawls and raised my sister .

I started stealing to make a living for her and I . I done stoled so much it became very easy for me . But I just had to stop because I didn't want to end up in jail . so I filled out 20 Applications for different places and hoping to get a job so I can take good care of me and my sister .