PROLOGUE! (Edited 03/07/2013)

PROLOGUE;

Ever since I was little I wanted a mate, since my first shift the night of my twelve birthday when I fully understood what it was to have a mate, I’ve wanted one! A mate is someone who you can always rely on, someone who will be your rock through thick and thin, someone who will care for you no matter what life throws at you. But most importantly someone who will love you unconditionally for the rest of their life, someone who you will love unconditionally for the rest of your life. Every werewolf has a mate, the moon goddess has paired us all with our perfect other half, someone who was made for us, and us for them.

I hope my mate is smart, funny, kind, genuine and cute, but as long as he loves me then I don’t really mind about anything else. I just want him to love me, like I already love him.

I know my life isn't perfect, I haven't had the easiest childhood but why should that affect my future? People always blame their behaviour on their past but in all honesty I believe it’s you who is to blame for your behaviour.

My father beat me every night for several years, my mum just stood there and watched. She was too shocked and scared to stop him, I don't blame her, she was terrified of him as was I. I went through hell for ages but I am not letting it affect my future, I'm not letting it change me.

When my mate finds me, I will tell him all about my past and I won’t be ashamed. Why should I? The past is the past, not amount of wishing and dreaming will change that. And because my mate will love me, he will accept that and love me more.

A mate is like a soul mate, that one person that I am destined to spend forever with. The one person who I will marry, have children with, will always be happy and in love with.

I can't wait to find my mate, I can't wait to love him, let's just hope he loves me equally.