Chapter Sixteen

Vic POV

"Come on, Vic," it growled. "Why are you denying what you are? Feed."

I startled awake, sitting up and grasping the sheets. I heard a soft moan of protest and glanced to my left. Kellin was sleeping, now with a slight frown on his face.

"Stay," he mumbled, reaching up and pulling me down, snuggling into me.

Normally, I would have found this fucking adorable and would have held him until he fell back asleep. But now...it just wasn't working for me.

My face was buried in his neck, and I could smell his sweet, sweet blood...

I closed my eyes, inhaling. There was no warning as my fangs appeared. I froze, knowing my eyes were black.

I couldn't feed.

I jumped out of bed and ran into the bathroom, leaning against the sink. I was breathing heavily, staring into my black eyes in the mirror.

In a way, I was lucky. I was lucky that this didn't happen when we were having sex earlier today. I probably wouldn't have been able to control myself. Now that the time to feed has come again, I'm scared.

I was worried about Kellin. What if I ended up taking too much? What if I ended up hurting him?

I was just about to make a run for it when I spotted something to my left in the mirror.

Kellin.

He was looking  at me knowingly, only a little bit of terrified surprise in his eyes. I realized that me eyes were still black, and I quickly looked back down.

"Hey."

My voice came out lower than I intended, and I cleared my throat.

"Hey," he said softly. "You okay?"

I considered lying and telling him yes, but then I decided against it and told him the truth.

"No," I said, shaking my head. "I need to feed and I-"

"Then feed."

"-need you to leave," I finished. He looked surprised.

"What? WHy?"

I focused on something other than hunger, feeling my body go back to normal. I turned around to face him.

"Kellin...I can't feed from you."

"Of course you can," he answered, confused.

"No, I really can't," I said, shaking my head and beginning to pace.

"Why not?"

"Because I can't!"

"Vic, I'm just like any other person-"

"That's what it is, though!" I snapped, stopping in front of him. I grabbed him by the shoulder and shook him slightly. "You're not like any other person. You're someone I love."

His face softened and he grabbed my hips. "Vic, I understand that you're scared, but you don't have to be. I trust you."

"You shouldn't," I whispered.

"I do."

We stared into each other's eyes before he gave in.

"I'll go. My parents are expecting me anyway. It's almost eight."

"Do you....do you want me to make you something for dinner?" I asked hesitantly. He smiled slightly and shook his head.

"I'm okay. Bye."