chapter one

Cordelia could feel it. She barely woken up when she had to sit up straight to breath. It felt like her breath was caught in her throat, plugged by something she couldn't even feel was there.

Her heart was pounding. She wrapped a hand around her neck lightly as if that would clear a space for air. Then it stopped.

She could breath, her heart slowed down and she was ok. This had been happening for weeks and she didn't understand what it was.

It happened before she woke up, during the day, before she fell asleep, even in the middle of the night. She couldn't escape it.

Maybe a witch had cursed her, maybe she was hexed. Whatever it was, she couldn't control what was happening and she didn't like it.

She rushed herself out of bed and into her bathroom in her small apartment. There were bags under her eyes.

Aren't vampires suppose to be flawless?

She rubbed her eyes. She didn't think vampires could get tired. Then again, she knew next to nothing besides that they needed blood to survive, she's immortal, she can heal instantly and she can only be killed with a stake to the heart, heart ripped out or head ripped off.

She was turned unexpectedly a few years ago, her fault for walking out late at night. She got her revenge thankfully. But now she was stuck a vampire forever.

She pushed a hair through her hair as she got ready. She was a waitress at a restaurant just down the street from her apartment. Not the best job but one that kept her from becoming homeless.

She could compell a raise or that she didn't have to pay for rent, but she wanted to be as normal as she could. But with these little episodes, Cordelia wasn't so sure she could.

Walking into the restaurant, she was instructed behind the bar today. It was often she'd have to do this since their regular bartender was alway getting drunk himself and coming in late.

She popped a beer for herself to drink behind the bar, ignoring the clock showing it was eleven. She needed it.

By twelve she'd been going back and forth between customers who wanted beer, water, martini, soda, etc.

She was half way through filling a beer when she suddenly couldn't breath, her heart feeling like it was going to pop out of her chest. A hand pressed to her chest, she stopped and ran into the back room.

Against a wall she tried to calm herself. Like it was a panic attack. But it wasn't. She was gasping, couching and the struggle became harder. A worker came back to see what had happened, seeing Cordelia about to faint.

Cordelia's body fell, she knocked out and the worker caught her. She called for help, shaking Cordelia's body but it was no use.

***

Cordelia opened her eyes. Her body was angled towards the sky. The hard surface beneath her was identified as a bench. Why was she laying on a bench?

She sat up, seeing herself still in her clothes. The last thing she remembered was her gasping for air. Now she was in a dream state.

Where ever she was, it wasn't familiar to her. She didn't know where or what this place was. She was utterly confused.

"Who are you?" The voice startled her. But it belonged to a very attractive man.

"Who are you? Where am I? What is this?" She asked, raising from the bench to stand in front of the man.

"Stefan, Mystic Falls, and what I thought was my distraction." He answered.

"Distraction? Mystic Falls?" Cordelia couldn't stop herself from asking.

"My town. Now who are you?"

"Cordelia. I don't understand how--

***

Cordelia's body was shaking, an a voice was calling out her name repeatedly. She opened her eyes slowly and was met with her boss and the workers faces.

"What happened?" Cordelia slowly sat up with a hand on her head.

"You passed out. I think you were having a panic attack." Her boss said.

Cordelia shook her head. "It wasn't. But I'm going to figure out what it is." She stood up with ease. Her boss and fellow worker went to help her but she was already walking out the door.

She sped outside and into an alleyway. She typed in a number and waited for it to be picked up. When it was she didn't even wait for them to say hello.

"You owe me. I need help." Cordelia pleaded.

"Come on by. You know where I live." Then the conversation ended and Cordelia wasted no time getting there.

***

The chapters will be short ish probably, but not super. Each chapter will switch from Cordelia's to Stefan's. I want to thank -voidKlaus_ for letting me write this amazing idea, I hope I write it well :)