chapter seven

Cordelia struggled to keep her eyes open that day. She'd gotten no sleep the past few days. She'd been waiting for a knock out, to see Stefan. To figure out why the hell they couldn't touch each other.

It was a bittersweet moment. She wanted to do what she felt was right but she couldn't.

"Lia!" A familiar voice called. The wonderful ex boyfriend of Cordelia's came prancing in.

The nickname given to her wad once she always despised. She liked to be called by her full name. Cordelia couldn't help but roll her eyes at the sight of the guy she let her heart fall for two years ago.

"Hello James. What can I get you." She asked. He leant against the bar to get closer to her.

"A shot of you." Cordelia rolled her eyes. That was the same comment that made her blush the first time they met.

"So original. Wonder where that came from." She said sarcastically.

"You remember." James said happily, sitting in one of the stools.

"First day of the worst two years of my life. I could I forget." Cordelia wanted nothing to do with him. Truthfully, the relationship wasn't all bad. Not until he cheated on her after being distance with her for so long.

"I think you're exaggerating a little there." James said, pinching his fingers close together.

Cordelia leaned her hands onto the contents and herself forward slightly. "What do you want James? It's obvious I don't want you here." She put it straight to the point.

"I was hoping-"

"Never in a million years. Now go home." Cordelia ran a series of questions he could've asked her, all pointing towards no.

"You didn't even let me ask." James whined.

"Any question you ask will point to no." Cordelia said matter-of-factly.

"What if I asked you to punch me in the face?"

Cordelia turned to him. "Any physical injury from me towards you will be an absolute yes. Now get the hell out of the restaurant."

Cordelia slammed the door to the employee back door shut. She sighed, not wanted to deal with him asks met all for the rest of her life, which ironically last forever.

Cordelia sat on the ground, feeling that dreaded shortness of breath. But this time, she didn't freak out. She kind of welcomed it.

***

Sitting at the edge of a large lake-like pond, a single small tree stood. Behind her was a broken down barn, all that was left was moldy wood and mushrooms growing on them.

"This is where I woke up when I was shot. When the transition of becoming a vampire started." Stefan sat next to her at the edge.

"Why do I have a feeling everytime I get sucked in I'm brought to a significant place of yours?" Cordelia teased, smiling.

"My mind does that, I don't choose the location." Stefan denied. "We're you working?"

Cordelia nodded. "I needed this anyways. A little escape."

Stefan raised an eyebrow. "What's wrong?"

"Ex-boyfriend decided to pay me a visit. Cheated on me after two years, although I'm pretty sure I'd been happening for months." Cordelia confessed, sighing wholeheartedly.

For a good month after it happened, she thought she'd done something to provoke it, after she was past the angry phase. But soon after she realized it was all him. She did nothing. It was his doing.

"He's a douche. If it makes you feel any better my and my brother were with the same girl st the he same time without knowing it." Cordelia's lips opened wide in shock.

"Woah. You're right, makes me feel better. How did that even happen?!" Cordelia was instantly intrigued.

"Me and my brother were both human at the time, she was a manipulative vampire bitch. Compelled us not to tell each other and you pretty much get it from there." Stefan said.

"Wait, so, with your girlfriend, possible ex, whatever she is to you, is kinda of like this other girl, but not manipulative?" She questioned. Stefan made a face before nodding.

"Something like that. She's kind of a doppëlganger to this other girl" Cordelia made a 'sss' sound and leant back.

"You dated a girl that looks exactly like the girl that seduced you and your brother? That's and little messed up." Stefan laughed. Really laughed.

"I guess it kind-of is. But she's different. She's kind. And gentle. And loving. The total opposite." Stefan spoke fondly of her.

"You love her." Cordelia whispered with a small smile.

Stefan looked at Cordelia, but not with the same expression. "I'll always love her. But I'm not sure I'm in love with her anymore."

***

Cordelia awoke, still in the backroom. It seemed like it only lasted a couple minutes, but was by far the longest talk they'd had. Maybe the more they both welcomed it the longer the time was.

Whatever it was, it affected them both. Because the way Stefan looked at Cordelia made her stomach churn like no other. And it was a good feeling.

***

This was WAYYYYYYY longer than the rest but I got really inspired! You're welcome ;) enjoy this extra long one :)