chapter six

Even after the information was given, Stefan still didn't understand how he'd conjured up to imagine Cordelia.

All he ever imagined was his family, or nothing at all, leaving him in complete darkness. He'd never met this beautiful girl in his life, but he was glad he did.

Cordelia was fun. She was interesting. She was different. From these past weeks, they'd become good friends. But there was something in Stefan's heart. An extra thump when she looked at him.

Maybe it was when she smiled. Maybe it was when she had a smart comeback. Maybe it was when she laughed. There were alot of things he could point out that he liked about Cordelia. She seemed perfect.

Too perfect.

***

Stefan stood at the top of a water fall, looking out at the small light in the distance of his town. He breathed. It seemed almost too real. He was praying his friends would find him.

He needed to get out. He needed to see them. And find Cordelia.

A nudge of an elbow hit his side lightly. The brunette stood beside him suddenly in comfortable silence.

"It looks like just any regular town. Who would think it's the birthplace of many supernatural creatures. It's insane." Cordelia says, staring at the fillers of lights turning on and off through the town.

Stefan smiled. When he looked down, he say her daylight ring. It was a simple, faded golden stone with silver holding it around her finger.

"You're right. The birthplace of any supernatural creatures. An old town is bound to have something strange about it thays kept it standing for so long." Cordelia tapped her fingers against her thigh.

"So, our last talk. We can get drunk. What else can we do that I don't know about?" She asked.

Stefan thought. "Well...there are beings of our kind that can compell us. But we can't compell other vampires."

Cordelia raised an eyebrow. "Interesting." She whispered. "Why can they?"

"They're the original species of vampire. Stronger than any of us. And can't be killed by any stake. Kind of a cheat in death. The thing that can kill them is gone" Cordelia was intrigued by this information.

"You seem to know alot about them." She says, stepping closer to him.

"I apparently had a whole time period where I was good friends with one of them. They're currently residential in our town. Or at least they used to be. I don't know now." Stefan said, his heart suddenly rising at the closeness of their bodies.

He was confused. He only ever felt this way around Elena. His girlfriend. Well, he didn't even know if that was still something for the amount of time thay had gone by.

Cordelia moved her hand to touch his, but when it did, she felt nothing. She tried again, but her hand passed by. "What the hell."

Stefan looked down at their hands to see the passing through, looking at Cordelia with confusion before she disappeared.

***

Stefan awoke, staring at his hand. Why couldn't he feel her hand? Why could he feel her touch. Why was he doubting his relationship with Elena. And why was his heart still racing?

Some requested their chats to be longer, so I hope this granted your wish. Just remember these are short chapters with as much slow burn as I can get in haha. Hope you enjoy my fast updates :)