chapter five

Cordelia left Opals late afternoon, successfully. Making it home without crashing her car. She managed up to her apartment and taking a seat on her bed. So much reading had been done to see what could be done about it all. Nothing so far.

Cordelia called her work and said she'd be gone for a week. It wasn't a problem to call of work so she could get some extra time to figure it out. What her and Opal had found was great, but not enough.

She sighed, staring at herself in the mirror. She wondered how she came to Stefan's mind, if that was actually how it worked. How do you think of someone you never met?

She moved herself to her bed, kicking off her shoes and laying down. A nap would do, and hopefully seeing Stefan again. She wouldn't admit it to herself, but she actually enjoyed his company, even if it was only for a few minutes and small talk.

***

Stefan sat on the roof of his house, staring up at the stars. Cordelia balanced herself as she sat herself beside him. It was a quiet night, crickets chirping and wind swaying. It almost made her forget it was his dream.

"Find anything else about all this?" He asks, looking at Cordelia. She shook her head.

"Nope, thay was all we could conjure up. This is exhausting already." Cordelia sighed. She leant on her arm to support her as she laid fully on the roof.

"Try dying over and over." Stefan commented, mimicking her actions.

"Right. Sorry." Cordelia said, turning her head to look at him.

Something that everyone could admit, Stefan was attractive. Cordelia was blinded by her anger with this whole thing, but there was kind of a good outcome. This was lile her way of escaping her reality.

"So, is there anything about vampires I don't know about? I was turned and I still have no knowledge of this whole thing otherwise speed, how we get killed, compulsion, stuff like that." Cordelia said.

Stefan liked her interest. And he was glad enough to tell her anything she wanted to know. Buy only one thing came to his mind.

"We can still get drunk." The comment made Cordelia laugh.

***

That was a happier time with Stefan. When Cordelia opened her eyes she saw it was night. She rose up and put her shoes back on. She was going to take the night shift at the restaurant from the days she'd missed.

All she hoped was she wouldn't pass out again. Cause they all know how fun that was the first time.

***

Yes I'm sorry this one is short as well but I'm thinking of updating again today because of the long wait. Any ideas of what should happen throughout this book? Also I'm getting to writing more imagines for the books :))