Rooms

Darren stepped into the room and flipped the light switch on. The room was small but everything fit inside it nicely. The bed was small but was better than what I was used to. A few stuffed animals sat on the bed. "This is your room. I got a few toys but I wasn't sure what you liked."

I nodded, still taking everything in. A dresser sat on the wall to my right with a purple hairbrush on top.

"I'm lenient when it comes to bed time so you don't have to go to bed now unless you want to." 

I walked inside and over to the bed. Under the window was a large wooden box. A chest. I opened it and found different kinds of toys in it. There was a fair amount of blocks scattered at the bottom.

I sat down on the bed and faced the stuffed animals. There was a traditional brown teddy bear but there was also a yellow hippo with purple ears and a turtle that was more of a pillow than a stuffed animal. I picked up the bear and rested it on my legs so it was facing me.

"I'll be in the next room over if you need me, okay?"

I looked back at Darren and nodded. Maybe having some time alone was what I needed to relax a little.

I didn't want to get my hopes up that Darren wasn't a bad guy but I didn't want to be so afraid. I was tired of being afraid.

But I couldn't lower my guard until I was sure that I was safe and things were okay.

---

I took a deep breath before I knocked on the door. He told me that if I needed him, I could go over. I just wasn't sure how he felt being interrupted.

"Come in."

I opened the door and peered inside. The room was a small office. It was carpeted just like my room was. The walls in this room were paneled wood, which made it seem old. There was a desk in the middle of the room, with a computer chair on one side. There were two windows against the wall in this room, blue curtains on either side. The laptop on the desk was opened and there were papers scattered around it.

"Hey, Aly. Is everything okay?" Darren asked, looking up from his laptop.

"I... um... I need changed."

He got to his feet and walked over to me. "Do you want to do it?"

When Owen did it, he was always so rough and touchy. I knew he and Darren weren't the same person but I couldn't shake the feeling that he could still be bad too.

I nodded.

"Let me show you where everything is." He led me back to my room and opened the top dresser drawer. There were tons of diapers along with packs of wipes. "There are extras of everything in my room if you need them. And if you need to use the bathroom, it's connected from my room."

"Am I allowed to?" I asked softly. One of Owen's biggest rules was for me to never go into the bathroom unless he was with me. It was his way of making me more incontinent than I already was.

"Why wouldn't you be?"

I knew he didn't know what happened between Owen and I. I hadn't told him and I didn't think Owen would have either. He may have bad mouthed me to Darren but he wouldn't tell him personal things like that if it made him look bad, too.

"None of the rooms are off limits. I just ask that you ask for permission from me first."

I nodded.

"I have to get back to my work. Come get me if you need anything."

I watched him leave before I took one of the diapers from the drawer. I sat down on the edge of the bed and slipped my pants down over my knees. I didn't change my own diaper often but I did if Owen wasn't changing mine fast enough. I didn't like being left in a dirty diaper for long.

I secured the tapes before getting dressed once more. I picked up the bear and held it against my chest as I walked to the window over the toy chest. It faced the neighbor on the left side of the house. I wondered if they had any kids. I knew they would be younger than me, more than likely. But having someone to play with would have been nice. I wasn't sure if Darren would play with me or not.

---

Edited and updated 10/24/21