Chapter 17

*Dusty's POV*

Later that night, I sat on the couch next to Mr. Birthday Boy. The others were out getting drunk, except Mikey and Aniston and Frank and Ember, who went out for ice cream instead. Since my father was an alcoholic, I tend to steer clear of bars. My bedroom door was open, so I could clearly see my collection of instruments. Gerard seemed to be falling asleep next to me. I looked at the clock and yawned myself. It was eleven forty five. I walked over to my bass and picked it up, strumming absentmindedly, a tune that was for some reason implanted in my brain. Gerard's eyes immediately flew open. "Where did you learn that song?" I shrugged. "Why? Do you know it?" He nodded and started to sing softly.
"Hand in mine,
Into your icy blues."
I nodded and started to sing.
'And then I'd say to you
We could take to the highway.'

Our voices blended together beautifully.

"'With this trunk of ammunition too
I'd end my days with you in a hail of bullets

I'm trying, I'm trying
To let you know just how much you mean to me
And after all the, all the things
We put each other through and

I would drive on to the end with you
A liquor store or two keeps the gas tank full
And I feel like there's nothing left to do
But prove myself to you and we'll keep it running.'"

I let him do the next line.

"But this time, I mean it
I'll let you know just how much you mean to me
As snow falls on desert sky
Until the end of everything."

I sang the next line.

'I'm trying, I'm trying
To let you know how much you mean
As days fade, and nights grow
And we go cold.'

We sang the rest together.

"'Until the end, until this pool of blood
Until this, I mean this, I mean this
Until the end of

I'm trying, I'm trying
To let you know, how much you mean
As days fade, and nights grow
And we go cold

But this time, we'll show them
We'll show them all how much we mean
As snow falls on desert sky
Until the end of every

All we are, all we are
Is bullets I mean this
All we are, all we are
Is bullets I mean this

All we are, all we are
Is bullets I mean this
All we are, all we are
Is bullets I mean this

As lead rains, pass on through our phantoms
Forever, forever
Like scarecrows that fuel this flame on burning
Forever, and ever

Know how much I want to show you, you're the only one
Like a bed of roses, there's a dozen reasons in this gun

And as we're falling down, and in this pool of blood
And as we're touching hands, and as we're falling down
And in this pool of blood, and as we're falling down
I'll see your eyes, and in this pool of blood
I'll meet your eyes, I mean this forever.'"

I stared at Gerard. "How do you know that song?" Gerard turned pink. "I, uh...wrote it." I thought about this for a moment before asking softly: "How did I know it?" Gerard explained. "That night, the first night I stayed with you, I couldn't sleep. So I sang for a little while. I sang that song at least eight times. I guess you heard." I nodded slowly. "I guess so. It's beautiful, Gerard. I had no idea you wrote music." Gerard laughed sheepishly. "Hehe, yeah. I don't think I'm very good at it, so I didn't tell you." I gaped at him. "What are you talking about?! You're awesome at it!" Gerard turned red. "Uh, thanks..." I giggled and kissed his cheek. "You're adorable, you know that right?" He laughed. "I guess that's a compliment." I laughed along with him. "It definitely is."

*Aniston's POV*

  I went out for ice cream with Mikey, Frank and Ember. I wasn't into drinking very much. I was the one who suggested we go out for ice cream instead. Mikey immediately agreed, for he wasn't big into drinking either. Ember didn't have to do much begging with Frank to get him to come along. They both loved ice cream. I slid into the Dairy Queen booth. Mikey offered to order my frozen treat, which I gratefully agreed to. I hated lines. Frank and Ember sat on one side and Mikey and I sat on the other. I was a bit conflicted with my feelings. I didn't want to like Mikey, because he could do so much better, but at the same time, I wanted to be with him. But he would probably never feel the same. I know what he said during truth or dare, but I kind of doubt it. I just can't believe he would like me. He came back with our ice cream and handed me mine. I turned to him and blurted out: "Did you mean it?" Wow. Way to be subtle, Aniston. Mikey looked confused. "About what?" I sheepishly stared into my cone. "In the truth or dare game..." Mikey turned red. "Oh yeah...Yes. I did." I looked at him in surprise. "Really?" Mikey nodded sheepishly, looking at the floor. I tilted his head up with my fingers and pressed my lips against his. He turned red, but kissed me back. I pulled away and licked my ice cream and wrote on the napkin. 'I like you, too.' He grinned and took a bite of his ice cream. Frank laughed. I flipped him the bird and looked at Ember expectantly. She sighed and kissed him, shutting him up immediately. I giggled. It was a nice night. I hope Dusty and Gerard had fun as well, and that the others won't have too big of a hangover tomorrow.

/I'm sitting here listening to Pick Up The Phone by Falling In Reverse.

We're sorry, the number you are trying to reach is no longer in service. Fuck you.

God, I love Falling In Reverse. Maybe I should do a fanfic about them :3 ~Rosco\