Little Lady

Happiness running away from her

Turning every corner

Tired and defeated she wanted to give up

What was the point?

It would only play that game on her used heart and use it like a toy.

She went to lay on the cold street,

On the piercing concrete.

Too consumed in that lie,

She was left to die.

Should've expected this it was all too shady.

Little lady.

****

Little Lady

Preface

The girl stared in the mirror and flinched. Her makeup leaked beneath her eyes and her lip had dry blood and was twice its original size. But it wasn't as bad as her top lip that was still gushing blood. Dark purple bags hung under her dim green eyes and she felt pathetic and useless. But isn't that what she was? The tight bloodied tank-top that barely covered her torso showed. Her arms purple and blue her stomach a matching set. Taking this all in made a tear leak from her eyes streaming down her face splashing onto the dirty, tiled motel floor that hurt her pocket to pay for. The ache in her heart made her tired and weaker; she couldn't fight anymore. All she could do was listen to the scratches on the wall and the voices, those voices. She wasn't sure if it was a pigment of her sick imagination or real but they were loud and haunting making her flinch.

"Open the door you bitch!"  The deep voice roared

She felt her legs go weak and she fell, her face smacking against the floor where her tears had just landed. She didn't feel like a teenager but did she ever? She didn't feel like she should of. She felt tired and old, too experienced but still dead stupid. A loud bang erupted through the room and she heard feet shuffling. Then the bathroom door opened and her heart stopped as she saw him. He looked tired and scarier. A shadow of facial hair rested on his cheeks and chin. His clothes were dirtied, hands bloodied and black eyes stared down at her. When she saw herself in the reflection of his eyes she felt the shock again but then her eyes fell on the knife that shined in the bathroom light. In seconds she felt a cold blade on her throat.

"You will die. You are nothin' but a worthless whore." He spat out spit sprinkling on her face.

He pinned her body down and she fought. She wasn't sure why she fought for her life. Maybe only because it was an instinct because she had nothing to live for, her life wasn't valued for anyone. She tried but her weak attempts to hit him weren't enough to save her life. She felt her vision blur as the knife dug into her neck and she felt a white flash of exactly twelve years ago.

"Happy birthday to you." her mother sang quietly holding a small pink frosted cupcake that held a single white candle.

The little girl smiled with glee and she was handed the cupcake. She held it in her hand and found herself confused; what should she wish? There were so many things she wanted; those sparkly pink shoes she saw in the shops, a teddy bear she passed by in the grocery store, and a doll she saw in the Toys-R-Us catalog. But one thing came in her mind; she wanted to save the wish when she needed it. She stared at her mother's green eyes that she also wore though her mother's were tired and dim like hers now.

She never remembered the wish that she saved therefore she hadn't used it so she felt maybe this could help her. She couldn't help but feel like this was empty faith but maybe it could help, just help. She wished for another chance, just one more. She didn't want to die, she didn't even get to live. Before she could see more of the dream her vision went black.