Chapter One

Little Lady

Chapter One

The place was basically a large room, like a hall where parties were planned but it was wicked sketchy. The walls were beige and yellow mix though it looked like it was originally white. Glass was shattered on the floor from crushed beer bottles and the scent of mold was covered by the scent of alcohol and the stench of weed. She hated the smell it was absolutely disgusting. The scent from her bedroom was bad enough but she knew in the back someone was going crazy on the stuff.

She didn't know why she was here. One: it was a huge risk and two: it wasn't her style. Though she remembered being brought here every Friday night she never liked it. Fridays were when the professionals came out and fought. Any other day of the week was a bunch of amateurs. Not just anyone could join these fights. You had to be trained, skilled and smart. It took years of practice and it was harder than thought. In professional fights they brought knifes and sometimes 'forgot' to use the finishing off bell so basically you could be unconscious and still be getting beat the crap out of. It was dangerous and risky and very illegal. They had them mostly underground in dark creepy rooms.

She stood in the corner of the room a cold expression on her face one that made people walk the other way. If she had put on some loss puppy expression or happy little girl expression she'd find herself in the trunk of some perverts car or in the back of an alley mugged and jumped. You had to present yourself like you knew what you were doing even if you didn't. People passed by her and soon the place were filled. Everyone was yelling and cheering shouting out things that weren't so clear and you couldn't even hear your thoughts.

Evelyn looked up to see something odd. The two fighters were completely different physically. One was tall and slim but muscular. He of course was fit and he looked like a teenage boy. He looked around her age. His features were too far away to see -all she could see was his blonde hair almost white- not that she cared what he looked like. The other was monstrous; his face was in a sly smirk. His arms were the size of a teenage girls legs and he was taller than the teenager by half of a foot. The bell rang and he with a second the monster of a man had swung attempting to hit the blonde boy. But with a miss he grabbed his arm twisting it in a position that in any second it could snap. He pinned him to the floor his face slamming against the blue mat. She couldn't believe her eyes. He had taken the man down in less than a minute. She had seen crazy fights but they usually lasted longer than this.

"3! 2! 1!"

The blonde didn't smirk in victory or even smile but stared at the crowd his eyes cold standing as the man with the microphone grabbed his hand and held it in the air. Since the fight was over she walked up the stairs and out to a room where the exit door was. Usually after fights they gave the cash for the bets which caused fights to break out and it wasn't good to be there when fights went on.

When she pulled on the door Evelyn realized it wasn't the exit door but the locker room. She stared at the boxing gloves, mats, and all the dummies. Once she was ready to leave and run off she heard a voice.

"Who are you?'

She looked up to see the same boy that was in the ring. "I thought it was the exit."

"Is your vision shit? 'Cause this doesn't look like the exit little girl." He hissed at her.

She narrowed her eyes. "You think I'm intimidated. You're just some kid that fights big deal."

"You little-"

"Z! Stop yelling at the girl lets go." Said a girl with blonde hair that had streaks of pink in it.

He glared at the girl and even though he was much larger than her she stood tall which was somewhat hard. He was at least 6'2 or 6'3 and had broad shoulders and he could snap her with one finger but she couldn't care less. He was nothing but a pathetic jerk to Evelyn

"I heard he was coming back today." The red head whispered excitedly.

The other one sighed. "Hopefully, I really wanted to ask him to homecoming."

The other girl rolled her eyes. "So he can give you a leather jacket and ride away on his motorcycle? Sure he's hot but he hangs out with the freaks."

"Maybe we can make him into one of us."

"Keep dreaming Lisa."

She wanted to rip her eyeballs out listening to their conversation. She had forgotten her headphones and that was a huge mistake. Now it was as if they were the only noise in the entire classroom as everyone else talked when the teacher-with the name that she couldn't find herself to remember- told them she was leaving to copy some worksheets and that silence was the only choice. Clearly they all got that very well.

"I got a dress already but I don't think it makes my butt look big enough. So I might buy another one."

She scoffed, rich kids.

They took everything for granted and didn't even feel grateful for what they had that people wished they could even dream of. The two girls went silent and that was music to Evelyn's ears. She doodled on the margin of the finished Language Arts worksheet. Then after a minute or two she heard them giggling then again went dead silent.

"Can you move your stuff?"

She looked up her hood falling down. She cursed under her breath. It was him.

Author's Note:

So, I originally had a different idea for the start but realized it was really dull and not really a hook so I took a random idea and BAM! I was really into writing this story after hearing the song Little Lady by Ed Sheeran and Mikill Pane. It isn't really the same thing but it was really sad and touching. I literally am in love with that song.

There will be swearing. But come on the book is about a bunch of delinquents not everyone is a saint. I don't swear at all so it's a bit weird.

Sooo...

Enjoy.

Comment.

Vote.

-ELLA G.