Chapter Fourteen

Little Lady

Chapter Fourteen

Chez was an average sized boy around 5’8 and had the most outgoing personality ever but would knock you out cold if you pissed him off. He was taken to be “scene” or “emo” with is skinny jeans and choppy black and (now) purple hair that he dyed differently almost every week. When Chez opened his door he didn’t expect to see a soaked Evelyn standing with a small smile and duffle bag. He was shocked, and thought he was hallucinating. When he poked Evelyn she rolled her eyes. “Yes Chez, I’m real.”

He gathered her in his arms and she smiled at her friend. She hadn’t seen him in a year since she left. She had met him one day when she was on the train and he had tears running down his face. She wasn’t good with emotions or people so her awkward fifteen year old self had patted his back as he wailed about how his boyfriend had broke up with him. She took him to a coffee shop when they got off the train. He was eighteen then and lived alone because his parents had kicked him out when he told them he was gay. They were strictly religious and had told him he was to burn in hell for loving boys. She hated his parents for him and just thought they were huge assholes. He was a total sweetheart. He was the only person she had ever told about her problems and he had listened letting her stay at his house when she was kicked out. When she left she had changed her number for safety reasons and hadn’t been in contact with him so when he saw her it was just so…unexpected.

“You better have a damn good excuse for leaving me Miss. Evelyn.” She felt her heart hiccup when she remembered how Zac had always called her that.

“Can I change god damnit?” she said following him into his apartment.

Laughing she walked to the bathroom and switched into sweat pants and a tank top. She heard Chez whistle. “Damn sexy Eve.”