Chapter Two

Little Lady

Chapter Two

He waited as the girl in the black hoodie moved her stuff over and began scribbling down the notes in speedy fashion. She looked panicked probably nervous by him. Nothing new, he thought cockily. He sat down dumping his black Jansport bag beside her. Zac couldn't find himself to pay attention to whatever the teacher was saying distracted by the words his social worker.

His mother had wanted to see him and Flo to "reconnect". He knew what she wanted and he found himself disgusted. Hadn't she taken enough from him already? If it wasn't for her he wouldn't have to fight risking his life every night. He would be an average teenager having a minimum wage job to get his fancy car so he could drive his girlfriend and the entire football team around the west side of town wasting money as if it weren't valuable. But he wasn't a normal teenage that was careless and had no worries. He couldn't worry about girls or sports or whatever those rich kids did.

He was the fighter and he couldn't see himself doing anything else. The boy had to take the toll of being a man, the fatherly figure for his sister though he didn't understand what the word father meant. He sighed and realized the class had begun to empty. He had come in late and teachers didn't bother picking on him. The blonde haired boy neglected anything that dealt with answering questions and sucking up to teachers. He made himself invisible and barely talked and that was what everyone was intimidated about. He was like a ticking bomb; no one daring to interact with it afraid it would explode on them. He had a group of friends and that was the only people he talked to. Thing was they didn't go to his school and were all known as freaks, stoners or just plain weirdoes. No one actually said that to him or any of them but news got around and he was known as the guy who hanged out with the freaks.

"So like what do you think?"

"What?" he asked snapping out of his thoughts.

The girl smiled her light pink lip stick widened with her smile. "If you like wanted to go to the dance with me."

He almost laughed. "I do have a life."

"It would be really fun." She said

A chuckle erupted from beside him and he looked over to see a very familiar girl with big glossy emery green eyes. Her features were very gentle with she looked angelic: a dark angel that eyes held a mystery, a story that was destined for no one to know.

"What's so funny freak?" the red head asked.

"I thought girls like you only existed in movies but damn I was wrong: you are stupid and desperate."

"Wow it can talk!" the other said lamely.

Her green eyes darkened. "Honestly I'd rather be considered nothing like you than be like you sickening pathetic dolls."

The two girls had angry looks on their face and they rolled their eyes in annoyance at the mystery girl. Zac found the green eyed girl pretty awesome She had left two preppy girls speechless and had done it in no struggle. She had spunk and he liked that. But somehow she looked familiar and he felt off edge like when you see an actor in a movie you saw but can't remember the movie.

"Come on Tiff we don't waste time on people like her."

He almost laughed and looked over at the girl. "Do I know you?'

"No." and with that she rushed out of the classroom.

*****

He found himself thinking about her after school about whom she was and where he knew her from but he couldn't come up with anything and that only frustrated him more. It was at least eight at night on a very dark street on the side of town people considered ghetto and that was when he saw her. She had her hands stuffed in her pocket and her hood was down her dark chin length hair waving in the wind. He noticed a couple of older men following her in a large group and he automatically knew what was going on. She seemed oblivious of this so he crossed the street ending up right in between her and the old drunken men. He wrapped his arm around her waist pulling her to his side. She jumped ready to hit him but saw who he was and relaxed a bit.

"If you want to live then follow me." He whispered into her ear.

She stared at him as if he had three heads then looked behind her and her eyes filled in terror. She didn't reply but followed him. They crossed a street and then in a minute he found the dark haired girl being pulled out of his arms.

Author's Note:

So this was really short and writing in a male's point of view is harder than I thought. The chapters will get longer once I start getting into the story and this was my cliff hanger. How do you people like it? Most of this story will be in Evelyn's P.O.V but I felt that switching to Zac's P.O.V would be a better second chapter. I don't know if it was a mistake but I like it a lot better then what I came up with.

!IMPORTANT!

Updates will be less frequent all month due to- MYSTERY REASON-. But in April I'll be getting a lot more up. And I also have a lot of testing going on in these last few weeks in March.

Is anyone else excited for summer?

I don't know about you guys but I'm so excited and ready for shorts, warm weather and no school. It has literally been snowing all March and I feel like ripping my eyeballs out and eating them (IGNORE MY UNECCASARY VIOLENCE).

(Sorry for my mini rant.)

-ELLA G.