Chapter Fifteen

Little Lady

Chapter Sixteen

When Evelyn stepped foot in her apartment she walked to her room dropped her back and fell into a deep sleep but she didn't wake up from a nightmare like usual. A light hesitant knock was what she heard and being a light sleeper she got up checking the clock. It was two o'clock in the morning who could it be? She looked through the peek hole and was surprised to see frizzy pink hair. When she opened the door she didn't expect this, she was surprised and Evelyn wasn't one to be easily shocked so when she stared at Flo, with a dropped jaw not sure what to do, it had to be bad.

Oh it was, Flo had a busted lip with a trail of crimson blood trailed to her chin, her nose was bleeding into her dark blue sweatshirt turning it to a blackish purple, a large gash on her cheek and a swollen blue eye. Her light pink hair had dirt and leaves in it and her jeans had grass stains but instead of asking numerous questions instead Evelyn helped the limping girl to the bathroom sitting her on the toilet Evelyn leaned down a bit grabbing a wash cloth and rubbing alcohol she cleaned her cuts silently. Neither of them dared to speak so they both fell into a deep silence. She wouldn't speak unless Flo did and the pink haired girl didn't utter a word. She wanted to ask what had happened, but she kept quiet and focused on cleaning up the blood. After an ice pack and clean clothes she left and sat on the couch grabbing her phone realizing she had no one to call to help but she found Zac's name and her eyebrows furrowed, when had that happened?

She rang him either way. After the third ring he picked up his voice groggy. "Hello?"

"Zac, it Evelyn."

"Evelyn?"

No Einstein, I was just kidding.

"Flo's at my apartment. She's pretty beat up."

"I'll be there in five."

Four minutes and forty-nine seconds to be exact is when she heard a loud bang at the door. She opened it to see Zac in sweat pants and a black hoodie, his wild blond hair drooping in his eyes that were a dark misty blue. He looked worried, scared a bit. It was nothing like him, he was vulnerable.

"She's in the shower." Was all she could manage to say and luckily Flo stepped out right after.

With her hair dripping, the sweatpants fitting perfectly on her seeing they were baggy on Evelyn's shorter legs and her face was covered in bruises. "Who was it Flo?"

She stared at her toes. "I dunno, some ran-"

"Bullshit Florence, why are you covering for them, don't you see what they did?"

Flo's eyes darkened. "Don't fucking yell at me!"

"You know we don't keep secrets! Who did this?" he asked his tone softer though.

She threw her hands up in the air. "I told you, I. Don't. Know."