Chapter Eleven

Little Lady

Chapter Eleven

With her eyes closed she flew from the tree and felt her hands slide on to the house. Her stomach dropped when she almost slipped and she gripped onto the roof with her life, fear still racing through her, the adrenaline flowing through her veins. She looked up to see Zac and he grabbed her hand, that she feared to let go but he gave her a reassuring look and she slowly gave him both of her hands and he helped her up.

She didn’t realize how close she was to him until she felt his warm breath fanning her face. She felt almost dizzy and her heart thumped as they gripped each other’s hands. She wasn’t sure if it was from the jump but her heart seemed to be thumping hard on her chest and she was almost afraid it would run away from her.

She noticed how his blue eyes flickered down to her lips, his beautiful blue eyes. They were so dark, clouded with a dark gray that just made you want to figure it out, figure him out. Evelyn snapped back to reality and let go of his large warm hands and in response he stepped back shoving his hands in his pockets. He looked away walking to the corner of the roof.

  She attempted to crush the feeling of curiosity, the want to be there for him. The feeling she had never felt for a person. She let her mind race too far for her to handle and she had to stop before she did something dumb. What would happen if she kissed him? He had kissed her once, a single soft peck but this was different she would have time to respond, to ignore the logic telling her to push him away and he would remember. And then she would feel for him –if that was possible- and she couldn’t do that. She couldn’t break her own heart. She was already broken enough. Call her scared but she was smart to not get close to him. Her secrets had to be kept no matter what. She couldn’t throw it away because she was curious, that was dumb. She had done a lot of idiotic things today, and she couldn’t do another because she was out of her right mind. She needed to get her head in the game. She shook her head at how close she  had got.

Evelyn looked around and saw how shet flat and probably was the attic.

She shivered and wished she wore a thicker jacket or a sweater. She wasn’t sure if she should sit next to Zac but she shrugged mentally to herself.

Just pretend nothing had happened.

Not that much had happened but if she wanted to get rid of this curiosity she would have to pretend he had never kissed her, that they had never almost kissed and that she was attracted to him.

“You’re not lacto-intolerant right?”

She nodded as he passed her a sub and she shook her head not grabbing it from him. She just wanted to get this over with. This was all such a dumb idea coming with him. She should have gone home, not jumped on his motorcycle and followed him in the woods where no one could hear her. She sat down next to him and he threw the sub in her lap popping open a bag of Doritos.

Right when she was about to give it back he spoke. “You probably didn’t eat all day huh?”