Chapter 1: Viral

You were still grounded for being almost six hours late, so you weren't allowed to hang out with your friends, which kinda sucked because that's your main thing to do on a Saturday. You went on your phone to listen to some songs, but once you opened YouTube, you were amazed to see what was on the trending list.

It was you. The video of you singing with your guitar. You knew it would get some views, but not this much. The video was uploaded by your best friend and now has over thirty thousand likes.

Meanwhile on a hill in Essex, England, there was a small building which four people in the band, Gorillaz, three men and one girl lived in. The Asian Axe Princess Noodle, was still sound asleep in her bed. Russel, the African-American​ drummer, was drinking a cup of coffee while reading the newspaper. The Satanist Bassist, Murdoc was staying in his Winnebago, nobody really knows what he does in there, and lead vocalist 2-D was eating some toast while browsing some videos on his laptop.

"G'mornin', luv." 2-D says to Noodle as she just woke up. "Ohayou 2-D-san!" she said sweetly. Noodle sees 2-D on his laptop "Nani o shi teru no?". "Oh, it's nothin'. Jus' browsin' on tha' internet." 2-D chuckled. The two were watching several videos on 2-D's laptop for a few hours now. The videos were either funny or simply entertaining. Then there was this one video that caught Noodle's eye "Bideo o kurikkushitekudasai!" She said repeatedly. "Okay, okay, I'll click on it." He says as he moves the mouse.

The video they were watching was the one your friend posted about you. Noodle and 2-D thought your voice and guitar playing was beautiful. After that Noodle couldn't stop watching. She showed Russel and Murdoc the video "They've got some potential." Russel says. "How old a' they" Murdoc asks. "I don' exactly know but 'ah fink they're still a student." 2-D begins "Tha' video was posted by thei' bes' friend.". "I could email her friend of you'd like." The drummer suggests. "Russ we've got no time fo' tha' we've go' a go to a show in *Y/C remembah'?!" Murdoc reminds him. "Oh don't sweat, Mudz we can talk to her after the show."

Russel managed to contact your friend with the e-mail.

***************
To: Layla Jacobs
From: Russel Hobbs
Subject: "My Best Friend" Video

Dear Layla,
My bandmates and I have seen the video of your friend. Their voice was outstanding. We would like to contact them at least once and get to know about them more. Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,
Russel Hobbs, Gorillaz drummer
***************

The message was sent to your friend immediately, and as soon as she saw it, she was overjoyed. She didn't tell you, though. She wanted to make it a surprise. Little did they know while that happened​, the Gorillaz were already travelling to *Y/C.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~
A/N: I apologize for my broken Japanese and 2-D accent in this chapter or probably in the following. I am still learning and corrections would be gladly appreciated!