Chapter 5: A Bit More

You woke up earlier than everyone for some reason. It was always a thing to wake up early when it came to you. You kinda liked how it was still very cold in the morning in *Y/C. It was just then you realized you slept in the bathroom. You slept in there with you headphones still on. You guessed you pretty much stopped anyone from using the bathroom at night.

You swiftly grabbed your things in near 2-D and Noodle's space like a ninja. You really didn't want to wake anybody up. You decided to take a shower already because you knew you would be too lazy to do it later. Besides, you had your towel and clothes with you already. You locked the bathroom door and got in the shower. You started singing Tomorrow Comes Today quietly.

"Everybody's here with me...
We got no camera to see...
Don't think I'm all in this world..."

You skipped to your favourite part.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah, I'll pay.
When tomorrow...
Tomorrow comes
Today..."

You were singing on and off for a while on that song then changed to El Mañana.

"Summer don't know me no more,
Eager man, that's all..."

"I saw that day...
Lost my mind...
Lord, I'm fine.
Maybe in time..
You'll want
To be mine."

After that you dried yourself with the towel and got dressed. You wore a black tank top with F/Ch on it, a F/C jacket and camo shorts up to your knees. You just got socks put on your feet since you were still indoors.

You got out bringing your stuff and sat on top of the couch. Hopefully not to wake Russel. You got a bag of chips from your backpack and that was pretty much your breakfast. You kind of felt like going outside, just for a while. You put on your shoes, grabbed your guitar and headed to the door. Once you twisted the doorknob a voice called.

"And whe' do ya think you're going?" So much for being a ninja.

You spoke without turning around. You knew who it was already. "The store...?" You were pretty much shivering. "Don't lie, kid. No fool's gonna bring thei' guitar to get a soda o' something." Murdoc said unamused. You turned back, seeing Murdoc just in his underwear. That's pretty much the last thing you'd want to see in person. You replied confused "I-I don't get it. I thought you wanted me out anyway?". Murdoc pinched his nose bridge "Ugh, look, your parents entrusted us to look after ya an' I heard here at/in *Y/C it's really illegal to leave a minor alone, and I'm not risking going to jail. Not again." "Fine..." You said while undressing your jacket, untying your shoes and slipping them off while putting you guitar down.

"Oh 'ey, what brand is this thing?" Murdoc grabbed your guitar, taking it out of the case. "Wait, hey don't touch tha--" the guitar slipped out of its case. Murdoc caught it by the neck before it hit the floor. He paused for a minute, examining it "It's left-handed..." "Yes, yes, we made it just for me. Now give it back!" You tried reaching out for it, but Murdoc kept pushing you in place. "What otha' instruments ya play?" Murdoc got curious. "Eh... Ukulele but not really that much and keyboard. I kinda sing too." You answered. "Yeh, heard ya singing in the shower earlier and keyboard, huh? You're a lot like Faceache. Especially the times when ya look intimidating but weak anyway." Murdoc chuckled. You rolled your eyes "Oh yea, I'm intimidating alright. I'll be playing a video game versus Noodle later." Murdoc smirked "We'll see, I'll be playing as Noodle." He didn't want to create the same mistake like last time. "Wait what do you mean...?" "Nothing!" He immediately replied. "Back to topic."

"Ya know, your instruments a' really boring." Murdoc snickered. "Oh, shut up, Mudz." You said punching his shoulder, a bit annoyed. "My instruments are boring? Then what's this?" You played the baseline part of Feel Good Inc. "Pft. Big deal. I cou' play as good on me bass." Murdoc said proudly. "Yeah, okay, but before you do that PLEASE put some pants on."

******

You and Murdoc were talking about music and all that. He was a bit rude, but you don't really care. You're kinda used to that behaviour from your old bandmates. Which brought you to a topic. "By the way, I've been in a band before, we were five, all guys and I was the only girl. We just performed locally.". Murdoc replied "Ye, I've been in otha' bands as well. But none o' them got as far as Gorillaz."

"Was it because you were the lead singer in them?"

Murdoc frowned and thought of a comeback "As if yours did." "Poor burn, man." You laughed.

While talking he noticed the bruises on your body, it was all over your arms and legs. "What happened to ya? You look as beat up as Stuart." He reached out to your arm "Wait, lemme guess, your 'tragic past' right?" He said sarcastically with his fingers making quotation signs. "Stop it. That's not funny." You moved your arm away from him. "C'mon, I was joking!" Murdoc frowned. "Stupid little [girl/boy] can't take a joke..." He mumbled. "Fine, whatever. When I was little I was really, really playful. I've always got cuts from riding my bike on the road and getting in  fights, up to the point where it doesn't really hurt anymore." You explained.

"Oh gosh, that sounded so edgy I take it back." You thought.

"Looks like you've gotten in to lots of fights fo' a girl." Murdoc said. "Well yeah, kinda. Most of them were from school or Karate..." You continued "I've kinda been losing fights right now. I've gotten, alright, I'll say it: weak. It's just after I got very light ya know?" Murdoc adds "Hey could ya repeat that part when ya said ya were weak? I'd like to record that, thank you." "Nope." Murdoc frowned.

"Anyway why you up? It was like 3 in the mornin', kid." Murdoc questioned. "To be honest, I dunno. It's a thing and I thought I'd go out and play my guitar to get some cash." "Is tha' really what ya do fo' a living?" "Well, yeah. If I need lunch money." You laughed, same with Murdoc "I wasn't that needy as a kid.". You raised an eyebrow "Don't act like I don't know, Mudz. You were." "It was my father, okay?!" He replied. "Yeah, whatever you say, Niccals." You chuckled.

"Oh ye and by the way..."

"Yes, what?"

"The live performance is in two days, and we'll be needin' a keyboardist. Ya know, Faceache's gonna be singing and it'll be hard for him to play an' all tha'?"

"I'm going for it."

"Memorize songs from the album, kay?"

"Won't let'cha down."

That was the last conversation you had after everyone woke up little by little.

~•~•~•~•

A/N: Wow this chapter seemed really sexist on some parts sorryyyy