Chapter 6: Video Games

Russel was the one who woke up first after the two of you. "Morning, Y/N." He smiled and you waved at him. "Where'd you sleep?" "Bathroom floor." You said. He looked at you in shock.

He began "Mudz why the hell'd ya make them sleep on the--" "It was my idea." You stopped him. Murdoc smirked at Russel. He rolled his eyes. Russel was preparing toast for 2-D, Noodle and himself. You told him that you've eaten already, and it looks to him Murdoc was to lazy to eat.

Noodle woke up, for the first time she didn't wake up before the rest, she looked excited, though. "Hey baby girl, you seem so happy. Why's that?" Russel asked. "Well, Y/N and I are gonna play a video game!" Before Russel said anything​, she continued "B-but it's fine! Karera wa sō itta!". "Okay, did you tell Y/N the full details of this 'video game'?" Russel raised an eyebrow, Noodle frowned "Īe...". Russel facepalmed "I'll explain." This whole conversation had you confused the entire time... Until he cleared up everything.

When he explained you were pretty much shivering. You knew you had no chance against Noodle, no matter how old you were. "Don't worry Y/N-san! I will help you!" Her frown turned into a gleeful smile in seconds. "Promise me." You said nervously.

2-D was the last one to wake up again. It was always either him or Murdoc, looks like you guys woke him up, because he looked pretty messed up. "Well looks like Faceache's up now, at last." 2-D looked at him "Whateva', Mudz." Noodle approached him "2-D-san! We will play a game with Y/N!!" She said tugging his shirt​. "Did they agree to this?" 2-D asked "Yes!" She said. "Now let's plaaaaayyyy!!" "Okay, okay, I'm just gonna eat first, is 'phat fine?" 2-D asked and Noodle nodded.

*****

"Y/N, are you ready?" Russel asked. He knew from the start you were too scared to do this, but he wouldn't want to let Noodle down. "Yes." You said while tying a red bandanna on your forehead. Noodle was dressed up in a Bruce Lee kind of suit with part of her hair covering her eye. She looked ready than ever. You, on the other hand, just changed your shirt to a Marvel/DC shirt you got from your cousin/brother. You felt ridiculous.

Before anyone could take the option, Murdoc spoke up "I'm playing as Noodle this time." "Murdoc, what the hell you knew I was going to go for her!"

"Don't be a sore-loser, Faceache. Atleast you'll know how it feels to get a good-for-nothing character."

Those words made you really angry. It seemed to you like everyone wanted Noodle, like you were nothing. It was like this with your friends and your family. "Not today." You said to yourself. Russel started the countdown, and by the 'one' you closed your eyes.

"2-D, start."

When you heard him press the controller, you opened them and started running to Noodle. She got the first move, though. But you dodged. You were pretty fast, but Noodle was faster. She kicked you in the face multiple times, but you were never giving up. She found your weak spot which brought you to your knees. But once she took a break, you managed to grab her by the leg and make her fall. Everyone was speechless.

"Was that too much?! Are you okay?! I'm sorryyyy!" You kept repeating to her, she gave a 'thumbs up' but looked like she wanted to surrender. Both of you were sweating and tired, so both of you'd probably collapse by now.

Murdoc and 2-D were in shock. "WHAT?! That's not possible, Dee! My controller is clearly broken... again!" Murdoc said, denying his loss. "That's not an excuse, Mudz. You saw it, right Russ?" 2-D told him. "Yep." Russel replied. "I still can't believe Y/N's that strong! It's impossible!" Murdoc went on and on. "Never underestimate the [Y/N]." You said to them as you were wiping off your sweat with your bandanna. Looks like your shower was wasted.

It was around nine o' clock and was still quite early, it was actually quiet for a while. Then suddenly a voice broke the silence.

"Uhm, 'ey Y/N, Murdoc and I a' really sorry fo' talking bad about yew earlier." 2-D apologized. "Nah, nah, It's cool, man. I get it a lot." you went on "It's kinda true, actually." Murdoc laughed "See, the funny thing is, 2-D was like that as well when he was younger." 2-D's face turned red, embarrassed "Was not!" You smiled a bit. It was clear to see that Murdoc and 2-D were the best of friends, nobody just really says it.

"Okay, okay, that's enough." Russel told them playfully "Why don't we go out to eat later? Exploring *Y/C for a bit." Murdoc surprisingly agreed to this "Sounds good, Russ." "Y/N?" Russel looked at you waiting for your answer. You didn't hesitate to agree, but were too shy to give out your decision, thinking the other two wouldn't want to "Yeah, I'd love to." You said smiling. You were relieved that everyone agreed to. You were also very excited, hanging out with your favourite band.

"I'm gonna be the coolest kid in school, if I'm ever going back, that is."