Money

"But why?! I thought you were okay with the job you're having right now!" My dad shouted because they were argueing too long and Mum still doesnt want to listen to Dad.

"Mark..I know this is a big decision. But just think of it again. Like I will get more money and my parents are living there. So our daughter can also learn some new things" my Mum screamed at my Dad.

"Jane! Can u stop?! Do you think Jessica will like all these changes?! She's just 5! Do u think..?"

"Honey!" My Mum interrupted.
"Money! Money is everything! This is just a small matter and we dont have to quarrel like this!".

"But honey.." my Dad tried to calm my Mum, " our kids..they are just too young. Jonah, hes still 9 years old and Jessica? Shes 5!".

My Mum rolled her eyes.

This incident had made my life a whole new different experience.

The next day, my Mum and I took a flight to Malaysia with our clothes and other things. My Dad didnt like it. So did Jonah and I.

But my Mum was just thinking about my future.

My dad didnt want to follow because he has his own job there. A better one.

I did not understand what was happening on that day because i was still a kid but Jonah knows that we wont be seeing each other anymore.

My grandparents are in Malaysia. Maybe it is one the reasons why my Mum wants to move to Malaysia.

My Dad knows something is wrong somewhere because my Mum usually doesnt care about money. All she cares is happiness and love. Family comes first. But what had her think of this decision.

After a few years of staying there, at the age of 13 my Mum told me everything. She told me it wasnt because of money. She told me she was too desperate because she needed money. She lost her job and she didnt tell my Dad. She wanted to work by her own and earn the money by herself. My Mum is a tough woman and she doesnt like to depend on other people.

She wanted to gain more experience because she was still young and she wanted me to learn more language.

And she had to choose whether to tell her husband the real reason and to bring the whole family with her or just bring me along with her. If she did the first option, she knew her husband will disagree with her decision. So she had to lie in order to get things go smoothly. But yet things did not go as expected.