Help

"No, this is not the right time to send her to the school" said Mum whispering.

"Yes, I know but I don't want her to be miss out in school. Plus she is not telling out her problems. This might take forever!" said Dad almost whispering too.

"Maybe I should talk to her. She thinks that she's alone. We need to help her out"

"But Jonah, you saw her attitude yesterday, right?"Dad said while looking at Jonah.

So I purposely cleared my throat and went down the stairs. They stopped talking as they heard me.

They pretended to keep talking about something but I did not even turn to look at them.

I went to the kitchen and opened the fridge and tried to look for food.

The fridge was hella empty. Only some greens, some of the leftovers and a cereal box were there.

So I grabbed an apple from the kitchen counter and went to make coffee.

"Hello there, young lady! Do you want some scrambled eggs?" said Dad.

I nodded and he stood up to make some.

I sat with the rest at the dining table.

"Hey, are you coming with me this evening? The squad will be gathering at Corbyn's. It's been a while since we went out so.."

"Yeah sure"

They were all acting really strange since yesterday.

I just need some space.

That's all. I'm just a growing teenager who sometimes or shall I say, most of the time has mental breakdowns and anxiety attacks.

That evening, before going out I got ready an hour earlier.

"Jessica! Let's go!" Jonah screamed from his room.

"Oh, don't forget to tell them that I said hi" Mum echoed when we were about to get in the car.

"Hello, Mrs. Marais!"

I turned fast to see who it was.

Mum screamed hello back and I was wondering why they were screaming.

I punched him right in the arm and smiled. "Jessie! You're coming with us? Nice" said Jack.

"Oh you don't want me to follow? And what did you just called me? Jessie?" I laughed.

"Finally, you laughed. Not even a single smile since morning and now she has finally laughed" Jonah smirked.

"Well, you definitely gotta thank me bro"

"Yeah right Jack" I shook my head.

"Well at least you're following,now I can torture you. It's been a while though" said Jack before sitting in the car.

"Whatever" I rolled my eyes and giggled.

When we reached there, Zach was walking outside of the house with his phone at his right ear.

He was on the phone with someone and he was smiling ear to ear. "Aw, Little Jessica is jealous" Jack said in his worst and annoying voice.

"Shut up, Jack!" I said.

Then I felt blood rushing to my face.

I started smiling out of nowhere and Jonah was laughing at me.

Jack was still being annoying and I just stared at him and rolled my eyes.

As we went in, Corbyn's Mum was already there greeting us with a big smile.

"Hello, there! Come in" she said and went to Jonah to give him a hug.

When she looked at me, she nodded.

"Oh, you didn't tell you already got a new one"she said to Jonah and winked.

"Wait what?! No!" I said while laughing.

Everyone else laughed.

"Aw, Jessica what do you expect? I mean look at you! You've grown up my dear. The last time I saw you, you were so tiny that I could keep you in my pocket" then she came and hugged so tight that I was out of breath.

"Where are the others?" asked Jonah.

"Oh, they are all upstairs waiting for you guys"

The three of us went upstairs and got into Corbyn's room.

The room was damn loud as usual.

"Yooo!" they all said at once when we stepped in.

"What took y'all so long to get here?! We've been waiting for like forever..." said Christina as I sat on the floor since the bed was full.

We all talked and had fun that day.

But Zach was still outside and didn't join us.

"Where's Zach?" I asked.

Everyone stopped talking for a moment.

"He's still outside?" asked Corbyn.

Without waiting for an answer, Daniel was already standing and went out of the room.

Being a busybody, I followed Daniel.

Outside Zach was still on his phone. But as soon as we opened the door to go outside, he already ended the call but he was still smiling.

"Bro, whataya doing?! Everybody else is waiting for you!" Daniel said.

"Oh, yeah yeah. I'm done. Just talking to someone" he giggled.

"Someone? Who's that 'someone' of yours that is so important for you than us" Daniel said raising his eyebrows.

"Daniel, forget about it alright. Let us go inside" he said while pulling Daniel's hand towards the door.

Daniel pulled mine and we all walked towards the door uniformly like ants behind one another.

We spent the rest of the evening making fun of Jonah and some weird boys in their school (I had no idea who it was).