Chapter 11

(Laura POV)

I yawned as I pulled up to the house, badly wanting sleep. Even just going for a few hours, still took the energy out of me. Also since I didn't sleep well last night.

Surprising, I found the lights off and the door locked. I would of thought they still be awake, it's only ten. Sonic usually falls asleep in the living room with Shadow by now. Shadow stays up to at least two am each day.

"Shadow? Sonic?" I turned on the lights as I walked through. Not a sound was heard throughout the house. They always leave the tv up, no matter what. Sighing, maybe I should check their rooms? They might have checked in early. I walked upstairs to Shadow's room, and found he wasn't there. I decided not to freak out yet and go check on Sonic. Slowly, I peeked in and Sonic was nowhere to be seen. Nothing was out of place or anything. The house was fine. No sign of fighting. "Shadow?! Sonic?!" I ran around, searching around the house. Not finding anyone. Not even in sight outside. Where did they go?!

(Shadow POV)

I yawned as it was getting late, seeing Sonic passed out. Maybe we should head home. I didn't even know what time it was.
"Well, it's getting late." I stood up and walked over to Scourge and woke up Sonic, "We should get going, See ya bud." He nodded and said goodbye to us, Sonic slowly started to walk out before I grabbed his arm. I gave Scourge a two finger salute and we vanished away with a bright light.

We were just outside the house, when I saw the lights on, and Laura's car was here. Dammit... We are so going to get yelled at. I quietly carried Sonic up to the house, he passed out during the teleportation, and open the door. I saw Laura sitting on the couch, reading something. I tried to just walked by her, not wanting to hear her.

"Where were you two?" She asked as I walked past her. 

"Out." I started to walked up the stairs before she stopped me. Sonic shifted in my arms.

"I'm going to ask you one more time. Where did you go? I was worried sick." Her voice was stern. I tried to keep my growl quiet, and pulled away from her.

"We went out to see Scourge, Alright? So what?! I'm sick of this house! I'm sick and tired of you!" I growled, turning to her. Sonic stirred in my grip, shaking slightly.

"Well sorry I'm just looking out for you! I took you out of that place to help you!" He voice rising every second.

"Then take me back!" I gave her a death glare, unaware of Sonic's hair turning a dark blue.

"I should! All you been doing is been giving me trouble!" She tried to get in my face, I scoffed and turned my head away from her.

"I rather take myself back then be wit--" I got slammed against the wall, knocking the wind out of me.

"WILL YOU TWO SHUT UP!!!" Sonic growled, his voice sounded different. His pupils were gone and his hair stood up, a dark blue. "Now then. You guys need to make up, but obviously that's not gonna happen right now.. Just go to bed! Or I will make you." He growled, letting go of me.

His emerald eyes finally showing up as he crossed his arms. Sonic sighed, looking at both of us, tapping his foot. Laura was terrified, but I wasn't. I saw this form only once before, but he didn't do a lot of damage, by instanly being tranquilized. I nodded and sighed, following Sonic up the stairs. Sonic, or as I say Dark Sonic, looked back at Laura who was still at the bottom. He growled, causing Laura to rush up to her room. I chuckled only to have Dark Sonic standing right in front of me. I gulped and went to my room. Only to hear a thump outside my door. Sonic collapsed, his hair color turning back to his original, panting. I guess this form took a lot out of him. I carefully carried him back to his room and tucked him in.